13 •Father's Children

Kim Dokja

"Dokja."

It was warm.

Really warm.

Dokja had left his tent, grabbing the others attention immediately as they wondered if his fever had finally gone down.

He blinked, not letting his confusion give him away as he'd looked towards the forest before shaking his head.

"No," He'd told them.

"I'm going to go find a lake... To cool myself down."

And he took off.

Yu Mi had followed him, as well as Gilyung, and they'd found a lake.

The moonlight gave the body of water a luminous glow, and Dokja realized that it was clear and pure, no sign of any monsters lurking underneath and he even saw little fish swimming about.

The air in the area was warm, and it made Dokja want to take off his clothes and bask in the water.

"Hey, Gilyung."

The little boy snapped his gaze to Dokja as he released a large cricket into a bush.

"Wanna go for a swim?" Dokja smiled. The smile on the boys face widened as he wasted no time in stripping down, clapping his hands before he jumped into the lake.

"Wah!"

Gilyung's face was warm, color flushing into his cheeks as he hovered in the water.

"What?" Dokja asked curiously.

"It's warm! So warm." Gilyung began to swim away immediately, and Dokja called out to him to stay in his sight.

"Dokja."

The reader peered up at the large man now in front of him, taking in his calm, yet curious expression.

Silence lapped at Dokja's throat, and he couldn't find any proper words to speak.

His actions with Junghyeok flashed in his mind, making his teeth grind together.
He didn't know why he reacted like that.

It made him feel small.

"Dokja."

His eyes found Yu's again as the man's hands slowly slid Junghyeoks coat off of his slim body.

The reader saw a brief flicker of surprise as the man realized he was utterly nude underneath the coat.

And then his face flushed.

"Erm...." He covered his chest, taking a small step back.

He glanced at the lake, then back to Yu.

"I'm going for a swim."

He damn near ran into the water.

It was warm.

So warm.

It engulfed his body, and warmed his freezing skin. His mind relaxed and he felt his muscles slowly relax in the heat of the water.

I should go back and apologize.

He sighed, drifting deeper into the water. It came up just below his chest and he raised a wet hand into his hair, his expression defeated.