The Family Altogether

As the train was on its last stretch, the little ones grew restless. It was getting harder to keep Junior and Molly settled.

"I swear, you'd think she was walking her whole life rather than a month ago", Gluntz said, holding her daughter. The little girl squirmed, trying to break free.

The only ones who didn't move around so much were Jenny (who was playing with Max) and Mikaela (who was sleeping in her carrier).

The three teens conversed in the dining car, eating green eggs and ham for breakfast.

It was just before noon when they arrived in Stovepipe. E.B. smiled and ran from her seat.

"E.B.!", Looka called out. He and So ha followed her.

"Check it out, Looka, Sonja", E.B. began. "The hometown of my dad and extended family." Her royal acquaintances looked about at the town from what they could see just from the train station.

Junior squeezed his way past them. "Yay! I can't wait to see Nana and Pop-pop! Come on, Sissy!"

"In a minute, Junior. We gotta wait for everyone else."

The adults began to exit the train: Guy and Michellee; Sam and Gluntz with Molly in her stroller and Gerald and Lianna right behind; Pam cradling Jenny with Grinch and Max next to them; Melanie carried Terry on her shoulders while Jack pushed Mikaela in her stroller.

"Alright, Guy. What now?", Sam asked.

"Bus will be here soon."

Sure enough, it was. It was a miniature white bus just big enough to carry them all.

The kids' excitement didn't die down. It just rose. For example, Junior jumped up and down. "Son, please. We're nearly there", Guy tried to assure him.

In the meantime, Guy looked at the familiar landmarks in his hometown with a smile. A far cry from how he viewed the place only four years ago. Michellee noticed how he gazed out the window and squeezed his hand. He looked back at her and returned the smile.

Molly was still squirming in Gluntz's arms.

"Molly Wolly, please! We'll be there soon!"

"Mmm!", the baby moaned. Then she cried.

"Let me see her." Sam takes her. "Come on, little peach. Stop crying for Daddy, please?" He proceeds to hug her.

"Uhh!", she shrieks. "Dada!"

Her parents were shocked. "What?!"

"Say that again, Molly Wolly!", Gluntz coaxed.

"Da...da! Dada!" The little girl giggled.

Sam bellowed out a laugh.

Gluntz made a half envious, half excited smirk. Nonetheless, she was happy for her daughter. "Mom! Dad! Did you hear that?"

"We did, honey-bunny!", Gerald replied. "Grandpa's proud of you, Mol!"

"Grandma is too!"

"So is Grandma Pam!", the spy said, turning around in her seat.

"And Grandpa Grinch!", he said too.

The rest were happy for Molly as well.

——

At long last, the bus pulled up outside the Am-I house.

Guy first went up to the door to let them know they were there. His mother Karen greeted him first.

"Oh, hi, Guy! Merry Christmas, son!"

"You too, Mom. Everyone else here?"

"Yes! And your party too?"