Inflitration

Deafening thrums and a splash of icy mud is all she feels as the heavy machinery passes. An armored convey drives quickly up the road, and eventually out of sight. After another moment, the jungle atmosphere seems to settle. The operator emerges from the undergrowth she tramples nothing, her approach is absolutely silent. It's not far now only 100 meters to the objective.

The equipment is perfect for this task; a body sized frame hides well here, enhanced exoskeletal limbs allow for quick sprints. An indicator on her visor glows red in warning; her suits system effect was almost over. "Doesn't matter" she thought, audio dampening is only useful useful if there are hostiles around to miss it.

The rendezvous point was a cliff overlooking a small river. The operator deployed a beacon. The kit resembled a toolbox, but quickly unfurled into a 3 meter circular dish. Antenne and other receiving apparatus extended from the device. Readings indicated a link to high command soon after, her suit's onboard comms hum online.

"You read me?" She says

"Yes. Chanel secure. Good to finally hear from you Caviera" on the other line was Capitao, his tone was low with gravel. A voice of reason, a man who was too old for this shit.

"They have no idea I was behind the scenes. Beacons are all in play now" she said as she faced the sky as if beckoning her allies from high command.

Capitao said " Then we'll proceed as planned, heads up"

The operation had begun! The sound of an echoing engine came from the sky above. A plane dove through the clouds, swung low to the ground to deliver it's payload, then shot back up and out of sight. A ten ton armored cavalry unit (otherwise known as a  mech) landed hard on the stone bank below Caviera. It was all black, bipedal, with articulate arms and a dome cockpit built into the torso. It hit the ground in a run, with a few great strides the machine crossed the clearing and leapt onto the cliff's edge.

Caviera looked into the reflective glass of the cockpit and said "showoff"
The black mech pulled itself onto the cliff, and poised into a low-ready stance all in one motion.

"The operation begins, lets move swiftly" in a whisper across the comms it's operator Nokk. Concise and eager, she is never one to waste words.

Caviera climbed into her Ally's mech chassis, and they went further into the jungle.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The beacon was deployed just outside of the base's radar range. The operators stormed through the vast jungle headed into enemy territory. The machine leapt over a wrecked fence, then strode through the remains of a bygone skirmish: car sized craters, shot up Humvees, and the mutilated remains of a mech. A standard sight on the battlefields outside of union controlled space.
             Caviera noted the nearly faded insignias on the burnt out chassis of the war machines; UDPF globes signifying Union Planetary Defence Forces. They had fought admirably for standard issue troops, she thought, but were outgunned by the terror cell that now occupied the base 10 kilometers west from here. Now it was Team Rainbow's turn to set things right.

Nokk and Caviera continued through the jungle. From this direction there were minimal defences until they reached the base. The only thing they needed to look out for now was...

"DRONES!" Said Caviera " scouter drone swarm to the northwest"
Through the gaps in the trees Caviera spotted a formation of black, box-shaped, quad rotors as they zoomed across the airspace. There were rounded cameras on the drones underbellies that glowed with a spot of red light; indicating their relentless scouting.

Nøkk controlled her mech as if it were her own body; gracefully swift movements brought the machine from a run to a motionless crouch in a moment. Nøkk knew the power of observation tools, such as these drones, were vital for battlefield Intel. If the operators were spotted now the enemy force would prepare to fortify, and the operation would become much harder. She activated her H.E.L. protocol. Energy buzzed from the mech's reactor causing the system installed into the mech's arm to activate.