long a/n *explanation*

hey

that's probably not the best way to start this, but it's currently 4am and i can't think of how to even begin this. the best thing i came up with was to reference the meme of the "english is not my first language" author that disappears for a long time and comes back with the most ridiculous explanation.

but thats not what this is for. this long author's note is to apologise to each and every one of you for my lack of updates over the years. it's going to be ALMOST two years since i've updated this story. i get a bunch of notifications and emails saying that someone voted on a chapter or commented and they make me so sad. not because of anything tragic, but because writing this story became an escape for me throughout COVID and to think of everything that has changed in my life since then makes me sad.

i genuinely have had this story planned out fully since the beginning. there's a notebook i bought back in 2020 absolutely FILLED with story ideas and chapter breakdowns for each of them. i cannot explain how embarrassed i am with myself because writing brought me so much joy.

it still does... which is why i'm vowing to finish this story even if it takes me years to do so. i really don't care for reads and comments at this point. i just want to look back one day and see the first book i've completed be out there. someday in the future i actually want to write a book and if i cannot even finish a fanfic, then how the hell would i write an actual book ?

all this to say that The Secret of Erised and i are back. unfortunately, i don't have the notebook i mentioned with every chapter planned out with me. i'm currently in my hometown and left it gathering dust in my house. i've re-read the last couple of chapters that i published and THANKFULLY remember what was supposed to happen in the next chapter.

i'm not promising an update today because i really want it to be good and will look over it a million times before publishing it. rest assured that you'll have a new chapter before new year's eve.

thank you so much for all of your support and messages i've seen on my profile. you guys are the sweetest. thank you for reading this far.

all my love.