Chapter 2: Panic Attack

Jade's POV

Have you ever felt uncomfortable? The type that makes you want to sit by the corner and curl yourself into a ball and hope that maybe the ground would open up and swallow you whole?

Well, I have.

For all the surprises I have seen in my life, this one is far too much that it makes my knees buckle and the clogs in my head to stop turning. The only thought I could think about right now is how I want to rewind time, go back to before me and Batchi entered this room and just turn away, away from seeing this sexually charged scene with my own two eyes.

It's impossible though, I know that much. But I can't help but wish that it were possible, that technology has already made that kind of advantage, especially because I want to unsee what I already saw with my own two eyes—a scene that was meant to be hidden from our eyes, a scene that's supposed to be reserved for the safety of one's private bedroom.

Inside farther the office were two women, both oblivious to me and Batchi's arrival. Both of them were locked in each other's embrace, far too busy with each other.

And the worst part?

One of them is half-naked and lying on the desk—a woman with shoulder-length bob hairstyle, while her partner, another woman with long wavy hair, kissed the former's exposed neck. This made her partner arch her back and a giggle to spill out of her parted lips—only for what I think is a moan to follow afterward.

And I, being the ever noisy reactive person that I am, did the only thing I'm best at in a situation like this—I cursed.

"Shit." I said, maybe a bit too loud due to being unhindered by my thoughts of possibly getting caught and making my father angry for cursing, but I probably wouldn't care about that when I'm far more horrified that I said that out loud.

I instantly slap a hand to my mouth and instead, cursed in my mind several words, like a sailor.

If only there was a possibility that we could turn back time, a lot of people would've considered using it, to take back the things they said and did wrong. I'd probably one of those people waiting in line, especially when Batchi turns to look at me in wide-eye horror, as well as the other two women inside the office. One looked angry and irritated while the other one, well, I couldn't see her face when her hair's covering her face.

One thing's certain however. I feel like a deer caught in headlights, frozen from their gazes.

No sooner than a second, I watch as the other woman pushed away the other and covering herself, pulling her white blouse up to cover her exposed shoulders. I still couldn't see her face, but her face was reflecting what I felt inside:

Terror.

I try to shift away from the couple and Batchi, feeling uneasy at their blatant attention.

I feel like I've committed a crime when all I did is utter a curse. I feel that instead of being nervous about my interview job, I'm instead feeling more embarrassed and ashamed—a bit offended maybe, but what's done is done.

Just where did my manners go anyways? For a multi-millionaire heiress from a Filipino-Chinese family strict on discipline and manners, I didn't apply any of the one's I've learned: to knock and wait for permission to enter.

I should've known better to not to head inside and follow Batchi without being told to do so.

"Jade, look, I apologize for this, but please let me can explain—" Batchi starts, turning her back from the two other women to approach me slowly and carefully. I know she's trying to explain, but her words fall to my now deaf ears.