Two - Misinformed

Two Days Before Arriving at Kaza Village

My companion, now named V, and I were able to successfully escape the pursuit of my murder thirsty brethren.

We traveled on a direct course towards Kaza Village--the place V determined would be safe. My battle group N-502 formed a protective layer around me as we advanced. V couldn't provide any detailed description on the abilities of each Legion unit under my command because that information required access to the Legion's main network. The same network we got banned from after being branded a traitor and enemy. Thus, we can't access any Legion related details that's not already uploaded to my database. My database, as described by V, was barren of any useful information regarding the inner workings of the Legion and the current status of the war that's supposedly happening. I knew the Legion were fighting something, but I wasn't sure what.

Our little group of misfits had four different unit types in total, all of which I could clearly distinguish by their unique design; Ameise were the scouts; Löwe were the main battle tanks; Grauwolf were the tank destroyers; and Dinosauria were the artillery/heavy tanks. My only complaint was why the hell did the Legion give vehicle rocket launchers, the same one with little armor, melee weapons? Isn't it counterproductive that the guy holding the rocket launcher also has knives that it can't use unless it suicide charges at the enemy while carrying said high explosives with little protection?

On a separate note, the reason why the Battle Group N-502 Legion units didn't outright try to murder me was because, as explained by V, they were connected to my 'local' network instead of the Legion's main network system. Thus, once I was disconnected and branded as a traitor, so were they.

Besides these small tidbits of info, I was clueless of everything else going on in this world. Though, one thing was for sure, this was not a fantasy world of magic. The lack of flying dragons or crawling slimes made this abundantly clear. And because of this, I was also bored out of my virtual mind. V was not the greatest conservation partner--too robotic and unappreciative of my knock knock jokes. The only achievement I made with her was forcing her to call me SCOR instead of SCOR-00001.

[If SCOR wishes for better companions towards anthropomorphic activities, please remove the restraints on the intelligence of your Legion units.] A baffling revelation was proclaimed by V.

'I could do that?'

[Due to SCOR's unique development, Legion units created for Battle Group N-502 hold greater autonomy than normal units. However, it is locked to reduce the possibility of rebellion.]

'So they're in a similar boat as the Skynet terminators.' I contemplated my next move. It was either loneliness with V or possibly taking care of rowdy children.

'I made up my mind.' I confidently decided. 'Release the locks and let their minds go wild with the taste of freedom!'

[Affirmative.] A list of all the N-502 members materialized on a window popup with a progress bar under each name that indicated their transition to being fully independent AIs.

When a Dinosauria's transition was labeled complete, I immediately tried to strike up a conversation.

'How's the weather?' I directed my message to this specific unit. The Dinosauria actually stopped in its tracks and faced its turret at me.

[D-2: Sky is blue, Giant Leader.] A chat box popped up before my eyes with this simple message. It wasn't much of a conversation, but it was the start of something great. I could feel it.

'I like you. I think I'll call you Heavy.' I congratulated my newly named minion.

[D-2: Confirmed. Unit D-2 is now designated 'Heavy'.]