clingy

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ *ೃ༄

    it's no secret that matt got extra clingy when he was exhausted. matt's love language was a variety of things, but physical touch always seemed to take the lead when he was sleep deprived. matt could be stuck on you like a koala, following your every move and always around you. he'd always lean on you or find some sort of way to touch you- whether it was subtly touching your knees together or putting a hand on your shoulder when he was laughing. to be completely honest, if there was one thing you wish you knew about matt before dating him, you would've liked to have had the knowledge of just how clingy matt can get sometimes.

despite all that, you secretly really did love whenever matt was acting clingy. you liked the feeling of being needed- no, scratch that- you loved that feeling. you liked feeling important, and you'd be lying if you said you didn't want to be around matt all the time. god knows how clingy you can get sometimes, so the fact that matt was just as clingy as you were (if anything, more than you) made you happy; dopamine would rush through your veins every time matt stuck to you like glue.

open your door.

you smiled at the text, sinking further into your bed as you grew into a flustered state. matt had barely said anything, but this text was exciting. you hadn't seen matt for a couple weeks- he had gotten covid and then unfortunately passed it on to you (which he felt truly awful about). as soon as you had tested negative and it was okay for matt to see you, he was already in the car on his way over. now, matt was tired and hadn't seen you for two weeks- a lethal combination.

you have a key. you replied to his message.

after a few beats of silence, you heard rustling behind the front door and keys clanging. you felt an immense amount of excitement and butterflies bubble up inside of you as the door opened. you had only seen matt through a facetime screen for the past fourteen days, and now you were dying to see him. your bedroom door was open (you were lounging in your bed) and so, in walked matt- clad in that sky blue, fresh love sweatsuit he loved so much.

"oh, hey." you said, glancing at him before returning to your phone.

"oh, hey?" he mocked, "that's all i get?"

and then he pounced on you like a cat. you let out a loud groan, and he tossed your phone across the bed. his weight was almost entirely on you, if it weren't for the fact that he was far too scared to crush you. he rested some of his weight on his forearms, but you liked when he put his full weight on you. it was comforting. matt peppered your face in kisses, pecking your face until there wasn't a single inch of skin his lips hadn't touch. you giggled as he did so; he knew you were ticklish and sometimes he did it just to spite you. but you didn't mind. you never seemed to mind anything when it came to matt. he was the only exception to your pet peeves, or to things that usually made you uneasy. matt had the opposite effect on you, you were steady with him. as calm as the tide in the mornings, as cool as a cucumber, and as steady as a surgeons hand. matt was your stable source, he was the one person you could always rely on.

"i missed you," he said in between kisses.

you giggled. "it was two weeks, matt."

"yeah, two weeks too long." he said, before levelling his face with yours. he looked you right in the eye, and you admired his dark features in contrast to his bright blue eyes. his eyes were like that of an ocean wave, pulling you in until you were stuck, drowning in the tide. you could've drowned yourself in matt's eyes, and you really wouldn't have cared. he smiled sweetly at you, before leaning down and pressing his lips to yours. this was what matt craved more than anything you could give him; the loving intimacy of two teenagers so deeply in love and obsessed with each other. he was kissing you like you were his air and without you, he'd never breathe again. he was freshly shaven, yet his chin still felt scratchy against yours. eventually he pulled apart, and he rested his head in the crook of your neck. the feeling of his hair on your neck, the sound of his and your breathing combined, and the smell of something so distinctly matt overwhelmingly filled your senses.

    it was a state of pure and utter bliss; nothing could ruin this moment. matt wanted to cherish these memories with you forever and ever, hold on to you like he'd never see you again, and not take anything for granted. matt surely couldn't have been more happy in any other moment than he was with you.

    but eventually, you had to pee. you tried to ignore it, just letting matt cling on to you like a magnet drawn to metal, but eventually you really couldn't ignore it anymore. you squirmed, sighing as you uttered matt's name. "matt-"

    "yes?" he hummed in response.

    "i have to pee." you stated, but he didn't move a millimetre. you giggled, giddy as you spoke. "that means that you actually have to get off me,"

    "do i really have to? cause i'm perfectly fine right here." he said. you ruffled his hair.

    "matt," you singsonged, "i won't be that long."

    "can i come, then?" he said, sitting up for you to move out from underneath him.

    "no- you weirdo!" you slapped his arm before he pulled you in, quickly placing his lips on yours. you sighed with a smile so wide, that matt could see each and every one of your teeth. "you're so dramatic."

    matt had knocked on the bathroom door every ten seconds while you were in the bathroom. while most people found this annoying, you found it cute how much he had missed you. you laughed, and it sounded like music to matt's ears. "just give me a second! hold on- hold on."

    you opened the door for matt before you quickly washed your hands, but as you had turned the tap on matt was all over you. he snaked his arms around your waist, hugging you from behind as you lathered your hands with soap. blush painted your cheeks a vibrant shade of rose as he rested his chin against your shoulder, watching you perform such a simple task with such intent and focus. you dried off your hands and turned around to face him, hopping up on the counter for him to stand between your legs. matt hugged you again, and it was so cozy, comforting you in a warmth that no one else could accomplish. it was a simple, powerful way to say i love you without needing any words at all. his hugs feel like a safe haven where worries disappear, and you're just sharing a moment of genuine connection.

"hey matt," you said, and he pulled his head away from your shoulder. he had a stupid, lazy smirk pasted on his face, and his hair was unruly. "are you okay?"

"yes-" his brow furrowed, "why wouldn't i be?"

"i don't know. you're just extra clingy today." you shrugged, and he chuckled.

"i'm okay, i promise. i just missed my girl, that's all." he beamed at you like you were his world, and that's all you needed for a flip to switch, and now you were the clingy one.

AUTHORS NOTE !!
i loved writing this request
so much! hope u all enjoyed this
tooth rotting fluff as much
as i enjoyed making it :)

school has finallyyyyy calmed
down after the break thank god
so i'll be back to writing a bit
more frequently until things
pick up again!!

thank u for requesting!
mega_metttt44