✫•.the broken wreck.•✫

Silence under water and absolute darkness with moments of light from above, lighting the deepest waters. However above the water level a terrible storm fought the air and everything in its reach. Ships for example. All the waves went crazy, destroying this small wooden ship with a few people on board, including you, Y/N. A piece of wood turned into your luck as you grabbed it and held it tightly. After a few waves the storm calmed down and you fell asleep on the wood from exhaustion. Still in sight of the wreck, you were the only one left alive, and the blood of the crew you sailed with attracted one creature. But your eyes no longer witnessed that.

Waking up accompanied by dripping water echoing in a dark cave that led nowhere slightly scared you. This dark underwater capsule was irradiated with light blue luminescent algae. The wood you clung to when you fell asleep was nowhere to be found. Instead, small dead fish lay on the edge of the cavernous floor. Why though. 'Did the fish commit suicide or something?' You thought for yourself. However, after examining the dead fish, Y/N noticed that it had wounds on its body, similar to sharp teeth. You looked behind yourself just to make sure nothing could appear there and tried to attack you.

Looking at the water separating the air capsule and the ocean, you thought you saw a shadow moving beneath the surface. An unpleasant feeling came over you, forcing you to swallow. The suspiciously quiet atmosphere makes your blood freeze in your veins.
A grayish hand emerged from the water, which had membranes between its fingers. A scream shook the walls of the cave where you crouched. The shock didn't even allow you to blink, let alone close your eyes. So you saw the hand slowly move the dead fish closer to you. In the blink of an eye, the hand plunged back into the water, where it disappeared.

Curiosity replaced fear all of a sudden. You couldn't think of anything else but to throw the dead fish back into the water. It's inedible for you anyway. You then moved back to the farthest wall of the capsule. After a moment the hand emerged again and this time threw the fish at you. The fish hit you right in the face, the slap could be heard even underwater. „Oh- sorry!" an unknown voice said. You stayed silent for a moment. „...What?" You took the fish again and moved closer to the surface. You put it on the surface and waited to see what would happen this time. Two hands picked up the fish at a slow pace, waiting for you to take it back. When you did, they went underwater again. You sat down with your mouth opened and fish in your hands. „That's for you to eat." said a sweet voice, the same one that was apologizing a moment ago. „But... I don't eat raw fish." You said loudly enough to be heard. Another silent moment flooded the cave. Then, one of the grayish hands emerged and placed kelp and seaweed on the ground. „Apologies, I don't eat seaweed either." „Did you try it?" „I didn't, but-" „Then how do you know you don't eat it when you never tried?" After this short dialogue you decided to take the kelp and seaweed in your hand but before you tasted it, you asked the unknown but sweet voice; „If I'll taste this, will you show yourself?" „..." „Please?" „...Fine, but not my full body." „Mkay." That was enough for you now.

You placed a piece of seaweed in your mouth and explored the texture and taste with your tongue. It could be compared to spinach that is salted a bit too much, but surprisingly it worked. This could satisfy your hunger for a while. „It tastes good, thank you." You thank to whatever brought you these. „No problem." „And now it's your turn to show." „..." „Come on, I'm not a person that judges. Come out." First, two hands that rested on the surface of the cave, then grey-blue wet hair, under which were large black eyes observing you. „Hello there." you couldn't help but smile at the creature that looked like a normal human with weird hands to you, until you noticed those ears. They weren't human like. They were twisted, flat and the same grayish color as his hands. „W-want more seaweed?" He seemed more nervous than you were. „This is gonna be enough for me now." „O-oh.. okay." „Were you the one that saved me?" „mm..." „Come on, tell me the truth." „I am." He didn't sound like he wanted to strike up a conversation, but I needed answers.

„What are you? I mean... like a creature you know..." Not wanting to scare him, I asked carefully and quietly. „I... don't want you to scream again" „Oh, sorry for that... It was.. just... unexpected." „mhm.." „I won't scream, I promise." His eyes softened and he didn't look like he didn't trust me. „Well, I'm, what you people call, a hybrid." Your suspicions turned out to be true. Indeed, he will be only half a human. „I've heard about these.. But never saw one." The dripping water was braking the silence between you two. „Do you have a name, or should I call you 'my savior'?" I tried to tease him and get him to tell me his name. „Um... you can call me Shayuri. I would prefer that." An unusual but beautiful name. Whatever the meaning is behind this name, your lips are sure to love it. „That's really pretty! My name is Y/N." you introduced yourself. „T-that is a pretty name as well." This shy hybrid said still watching you from the water. „Sorry for my curiosity, but I wonder what the rest of your body looks like." „If I would show you, you would surely run away." „And where to, huh? I'm not a good swimmer at all." Shayuri was a bit taken aback when he realized you were right. He didn't want to scare you anyway. „What... is your opinion on sharks?" he asked, looking away.
„I like sharks very much. They have always fascinated me." In that, Shayuri swung out of the water and showed his human half. Water dripped from his toned stomach, most likely from brisk swimming. Your gaze then turned to his muscular arms that had a grayish blue portion and grayish black spikes at the elbows. He had some stripes here and there on his arms and the higher your gaze went, the more prominent they were until his neck where the gills showed. His pale human skin glistened in the blue light of the glowing kelp as his grey hair sparkled from the dripping water.

Your emotions left your mouth hanging wide open. Even though he was about two and a half meters away from you, you could tell that he was slightly taller, like a professional basketball player. „You're beautiful." You sighed out softly melting from the view. Sayuri's face turned red and he ducked back into the water. He wasn't used to receiving compliments, and it was the first time he was in the presence of a living person, even one so beautiful. Even the cold water in which he lived his whole life could not cool his boiling blood now. He felt your shadow flicker over him and heard your words too. „Please don't be scared! Come on come out, I didn't scream, did I?"

Poor Shayuri was so ashamed that he swam away. You saw what must have been a shark's tail flashing underwater as it swam away from the capsule. You blamed yourself for his escaping. After sitting for a while on the edge of the capsule, where you last saw Shayuri, you saw his shadow again. He emerged from the water with only his head and hands full of seaweed. „Oh, you went to get me more seaweed I could eat? You're such a sweetheart~" He didn't make a sound, the only expression he had was " >:^ "

You wanted to pat his head, his wet hair looked so smooth... Shayuri flinched so you slowed your hand movement a bit. His big black eyes widened when your hand touched his hair. He leaned in, which made your heart skip a beat. What adorable hybrid he is.