Late night Problems

Chief Burns POV

It was about 2 in the morning when i woke up to some noise. I was really tired but decided to go check it out, maybe someone was in danger.

I got up from my warm bed and walked to the door, i opened it just to see a crying Cody standing there.

Son what happened?! Are you okay?! I immediately hugged him tightly as he cried into my shoulder.

Cody.. dear what happened? I asked my youngest very worriedly. However he didnt answer so i picked him up and i sat on my bed with Cody on my lap. I hugged his small body and ruffled his blonde hair.

Dad..can i sleep with you tonight..? He asked me quietly while looking at me with his red, teary eyes. It hurt to see my son like this.

Of course you can son. I laid down and moved Cody beside me then i hugged him gently yet thightly. He moved closer to me and laid his head against my chest cuddling me back. I could feel his little heart pounding. I didnt know what his problem was, yet i knew that if i pushed him into telling me it wouldnt make things better. I'll just ask him in the morning.

Cody POV  (morning)

I woke up and found it hard to open my eyes. It felt like they were glued together. Still, i managed to do it. I saw that my dad was already up and he was looking at me with the most loving eyes, someone's father can.

Good morning son. He said and kissed my forehead.

Morning daddy!! I said back to him really happily. I felt so much better, boy i was so lucky to have a father like him, he was just...just THE BEST!!!

Care to tell me what happened yesterday son? Of course i wont push it if you dont want to. He said with a smile and he kissed my forehead again, this time his moustache tickled me a bit. I chuckled a little then decided to answer him.

Well.. i had a little- well not so little but a nightmare, i know im too old for having- or i mean.. uhm caring about them but it was scary.. I said to him ashamed. To my surprise he just shook his head.

Son. Look at me. You're never too old to be scared, not just from nightmares but from anything. I mean look at Kade, screaming about gremlins. He laughed a little. And Cody, you did the right thing, you asked for help, maybe not with words but you still did. I am proud of you son. With that he picked me up and placed me on his chest, stroking my hair. It was so calming if i didnt know it was morning i would have fallen asleep again.

Thanks dad, youre the best! I hugged him. We should get up son, i have to make breakfast for all of you. He smiled and got up. He ruffled my hair then walked to the kitchen.

I decided to get dressed so i ran to my room, quickly put my usual clothes on so i could help dad.

Dad, do you need any help? I peeked at what he was making then he patted my head. Go wake the others up son, theyre sleeping quite late.

Ive firstly gone to wake Graham up because he was usually calm in the morning. I sneaked into his room then jumped on him.

WAKE UP BROTHEEEER!!  I "scared him up"
AHHHHHH!! CODY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?! He woke up in total shock. Before he could have said anything more i ran out and into Danis room. Now, dealing with her was a lot harder, so i just decided to set her alarm so she won't kill me or anything. After i did i ran out then to the hardest room. Kades. I really hoped he was awake already but of course he wasnt- and ewww that smell... Of course rotten sandwich. Ew ew ew. Anyways i sneaked beside him and poked him.

Kadeeee wake up wake upppp! Dad made breakfast!! Before i could flee he hit me in the face with a pillow.

F*CK YOU CODE GET OUT! he yelled and i ran for my life. I went to the kitchen where Dani and Graham were already sitting.

I heard that didn't go well, did it? Dani laughed while eating the probably delicious breakfast that dad has made.

Yeah! He hit me!
Again Cody? You should really just give up on waking him up. He'll eventually wake up when there's an emergency. Said Graham while adjusting his glasses that he has put on wrong since he was still sleepy.

You think so Graham? Said Dani with the "are you serious" look.

Yeaaah Danis right Graham, Kade wouldn't wake up even if Doc tested something on him.

Hey! You better talk good thinks about me Code cuz i just heard my name!

Oh uhh hotheads upp Said Dani while leaving the kitchen. I feel her, no one wants to eat with a grumpy Kade

Dad I'll go and check on the bots!! I ran to the garage before Kade could kick my ass again.