TRIVIA: Juilliard School & Fordham University

FACT TRIVIA:

Juilliard School and Fordham University's Lincoln Center campus are situated in Manhattan, New York City, relatively close to each other. Juilliard is located near the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts on the Upper West Side, while Fordham University's Lincoln Center campus is also in the same general area.

The distance between Juilliard and Fordham University's Lincoln Center campus is approximately 1.5 miles (around 2.4 kilometers). Walking between these two locations can take roughly 25-30 minutes, depending on walking speed and pedestrian traffic. The route typically follows West 65th Street or West 66th Street.

Alternatively, public transportation options are available for a quicker commute. The subway from Juilliard (near the 66th Street subway stations) to Fordham University's Lincoln Center campus (near the 59th Street-Columbus Circle subway station) typically involves a short subway ride. One can take the 1 train (local) or the A, B, C, or D trains (express or local) for just a few stops, which generally takes 5-10 minutes, accounting for waiting and travel time.

The proximity of these institutions within Manhattan allows for relatively easy travel between the two locations, whether by walking or public transportation. Students or faculty members attending or working at both Juilliard and Fordham University's Lincoln Center campus often find the area convenient due to its accessibility and the cultural vibrancy of the surrounding neighborhood.

_______

Juilliard School

Notable Alumni

       Juilliard boasts an impressive roster of alumni, including renowned actors like Robin Williams, Jessica Chastain, Viola Davis, and Christopher Reeve. It's not just actors; Juilliard has also nurtured the talents of famous musicians such as Yo-Yo Ma and Itzhak Perlman.

Founding

        The school was established in 1905 as the Institute of Musical Art by Dr. Frank Damrosch. It later merged with the Juilliard Graduate School in 1926, resulting in its current name, The Juilliard School.

Campus at Lincoln Center

          In 1969, Juilliard relocated to the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, where it continues to thrive as a prestigious performing arts conservatory.

Performance Venues

          The school has several world-class performance venues, including the Peter Jay Sharp Theater, Alice Tully Hall, and the Juilliard Drama Division's Stephanie P. McClelland Drama Theater, providing students with exceptional spaces to showcase their talents.

Fordham University

Notable Alumni

           Fordham University boasts an impressive list of alumni across various fields, including Denzel Washington, Alan Alda, and Lana Del Rey.

History and Founding

           Founded in 1841, Fordham is one of the oldest Catholic universities in the northeastern United States. It was initially established as St. John's College by the Diocese of New York.

Lincoln Center Campus

           Fordham's Lincoln Center Campus, established in 1968, is situated in the heart of Manhattan, offering a vibrant and academically enriching environment.

Collaborations and Partnerships

           Fordham University often collaborates with other institutions in the area, including nearby Juilliard, fostering a network of academic and artistic cooperation.

Both institutions contribute significantly to the cultural and academic landscape of New York City, each with its unique history, notable alumni, and contributions to the arts and education.

DISCLAIMER:

The information provided about Juilliard School and Fordham University is intended for informational purposes only. While efforts have been made to ensure accuracy, the details presented may not encompass the entirety of each institution's history, notable alumni, or contributions. The mentioned facts and notable individuals are based on publicly available information up to the provided date and might not include all relevant details or recent developments. Readers are encouraged to conduct further research or refer to official sources for comprehensive and up-to-date information about Juilliard School and Fordham University.