Chapter 13

Kim adjusts her Backless Spaghetti Strap Tiered Dress, the champagne hue beautifully complementing her figure. With the final touches of gold heels and a matching clutch, she stands before Joshua "WOW, lookin' so fucking angelic in dat white dress," Joshua exclaims, his admiration evident.

"Technically, this is champagne, and you're color blind," Kim teases, a playful glint in her eyes. Her banter adds a lighthearted touch to the moment, creating a playful exchange between the two.

Joshua chuckles, realizing his mistake, "Well, mi might be color blind, but mi still know seh yuh look stunning."

"I know" she responds, her tone playful yet self-assured

Joshua grins, appreciating Kim's wit and self-assurance. "Alright then, mi glad yuh know. Ready?"

Kim nods, the gold accents of her outfit shimmering in the light. "Absolutely, let's do this.

As they head out together, the playful exchange between Kbetween Kim and Joshua sets the tone for a night filled with laughter and enjoyment.

""How come I don't know this shirt?" Kim says as she plays back a snap she just took of her and Joshua. Joshua is dressed in khaki pants, a tank top, and an open short-sleeved over shirt.

"So you know everything in my closet now?" Joshua asks.

"Yes, and you know I do, Joshua," Kim replies with a sly smile

"A me other woman buy me," Joshua says, his tone carrying a hint of mischief.

Kim opens her clutch and brandishes her handgun, a teasing glint in her eyes. "Stop play with uh life, Joshua," she says, her playful threat adding a touch of drama to the moment.

"Calm dung, mumma. You know I'm all yours," Joshua reassures.

As Joshua and Kim pull into the restaurant. They step into the elegant establishment, the ambiance buzzing with a blend of soft chatter and the clinking of cutlery. They get situated at a well-appointed table, A waiter approaches with menus, and as they peruse the options.

"How has work been?" Joshua asks Kim, initiating a conversation as they sit in the elegant restaurant.

Kim takes a sip of her drink, contemplating the question. "It's been hectic, you know how it is. Deadlines, meetings, the usual. But I can't complain; it keeps me on my toes."

Joshua nods in understanding, "Yeah, I feel you. It's the same in my world"

"Which one of your jobs?" Kim asks

"Actually, babe, before we even guh inna alla dat, I had lunch with Tia," Joshua says, bringing up a topic that adds a layer of complexity to the conversation.

Kim raises an eyebrow, her curiosity piqued. "Why?" she asks

"Yuh know she work ova hospital, and now that Kevin dead afta him di suppose to get better, tings just seem suspicious. Mi did affi get her input," Joshua explains, shedding light on his reason for meeting with Tia.

"Wha she say?" Kim asks, her curiosity deepening as she leans in to hear more.

"Say him develop infection and dat kill him," Joshua answers.

"But uh nuh believe," Kim says, sensing Joshua's demeanor.

"She tell me say the last person weh visit him a him mother, and well, the last person weh visit him a de man dem," Joshua continues.

"So, uh think somebody pay har off?" Kim asks.

"Feel like one a dem a gi ar supm, more dan money," Joshua continues, his tone carrying a mix of suspicion and concern.

Kim's eyes narrow as she processes the information. "Cyaa believe one a dem really a betray uh," Kim continues.

"Me needa but me affi get to the meek of it," Joshua continues.

"I know," Kim says. "Do you have any idea who it is?"

"Grieve me heart fi say it eno but looking life Rio or Rugu," Joshua says defeated.

"Dammn, Rio? Rio a we bredda, a cyaa him, affi Rugu," Kim continues.

"Cyaa rule out anybody, babe," Joshua says.

"I'm just happy you no longer think it's me," Kim says.

"Sorry fi dat again," Joshua apologizes.

"It's fine, I understand why you did it now," Kim comforts.

The air is thick with the weight of suspicion and betrayal as Joshua and Kim navigate the complexities of their situation