CHAPTER 2 : THE AWAKENING

After the chaos that unfolded in the city, Blake felt an intense desire to protect and help others. The safety of his loved ones had made him realize the importance of standing up for those in need. Determined to make a difference, Blake prepared for his first day at high school.

With a mix of nervousness and excitement, Blake walked through the doors of Francis Dumont High School. First-day introductions went by in a blur, but one person caught his attention - Anna Garcia, a mesmerizing brunette with hazel eyes, who had also recently moved to Paris from Brazil. Her presence ignited a spark of interest and intrigue in Blake, leaving him with a faint flutter in his chest.

After a day filled with new experiences and the occasional stolen glance at Anna, Blake returned home, weary but hopeful. As he climbed the stairs to his room, planning to freshen up with a shower, something caught his eye. On top of his dresser sat a small, mysterious black hexagon-shaped box with purple highlights. His curiosity piqued, he approached it cautiously.

Unable to resist, Blake opened the box, and to his astonishment, it revealed a stunning silver arm band adorned with intricate patterns. Five black pearls glistened within the arm band, capturing his gaze. Unbeknownst to him, Blake had been chosen as the host of one of the lost, awakened miraculous - the Panther Miraculous.

The Panther Miraculous symbolized bravery and courage, only granting its powers to individuals it deemed worthy. Intrigued by this newfound discovery, Blake decided to first take a shower before examining the arm band more closely. He quickly showered and changed into a comfortable black hoodie and grey sweatpants, his mind filled with anticipation.

Back in his room, he picked up the arm band once more, intending to study it with utmost care. As he examined it, he noticed something peculiar in the reflection of one of the black pearls. Curiosity getting the best of him, Blake made the decision to try it on his right arm.

As he slid the arm band onto his wrist, a sudden flash of black light engulfed the room. Instinctively, Blake closed his eyes, shielding them from the blinding radiance. When he opened them again, he found himself face-to-face with a small, floating black panther with piercing purple eyes. It took a moment for his brain to process what he was witnessing.

Before he could react, the floating panther spoke, its voice filled with a mixture of annoyance and sarcasm. "Before you overreact, I assure you I am not going to eat you. No, I am not a genie either. I am your kwami," it stated, rolling its eyes as if it had dealt with similar astonishment before. "My name is Nerro, the kwami of the Panther Miraculous, which grants you the power to become a superhero," the creature continued, its tone matter-of-fact.

Blake's mind raced to comprehend the situation. He had become a chosen host, destined to wield the powers of the Panther Miraculous. With confusion and excitement intertwining within him, Blake looked at Nerro and asked, "What do I need to do now?"

Nerro let out a sigh, feeling the weight of the responsibility ahead. "First, you must embrace your role as a protector of the city. Together, we will fight against the forces of evil. But beware, the path of a hero is challenging. It requires bravery, selflessness, and a willingness to put others before yourself. Are you ready for this?"

Blake nodded, his determination shining through his eyes. "I am ready to do whatever it takes to protect this city and its people," he affirmed.

And with those words, Blake embarked on a journey that would change his life forever, as his destiny intertwined with 22 other teenagers that unintentionally caused their destinies to intertwine with each other creating a nearly unbreakable bond.