10.Far and Near

10

Stephan

Schizophrenia.

I have read about it somewhere. Hearing non-existent  voices that would command you around and say hurtful things and make you go insane.

Her violent pleas were racking my mind up in worry. I felt concerned for something other than work and authority for the first time. And now I could feel the concern wiping my mind off any other thoughts.

She screamed and punched her head. In reality, that could only increase her pain but now all she felt was numbness.

"GET OUT" She cried to an inexistent soul.

I called my manager and asked to cancel the meeting I have in five minutes. The most important one that would have taken a major turn in my life when attended. But now I could only think of was my fiance.

"Cancel it. Just do as I say. It's an emergency" I spat into the phone. Beside me, Camila's voice was defeaning. I could feel the rage burning up inside me with her pain. That unmistakable feeling that i would go to any length for her.

The drive was now turned towards a hospital.

I couldn't soothe her pain even if i tried to do anything she would slap my hand away or punch or kick anything near her.

She stopped screaming. Hot tears running down her rosy cheeks. She looked at me with pleading eyes. I grabbed the back her neck, forcing her not to take her eyes off me.

"I'm here, Ella. I'm here for you"

I whispered those words I thought I could never say to anyone. I thought it impossible for me to care for someone. To be there for someone. To be a shoulder they could rely on.

And now when I think about it.

I was too naive to realise  that my heart was in love with the reality of her and my mind in denial of the possibility.

Now I accept. I'm in love with her. In terms of every universe.

I tried to shut her out. To get her out of my mind but all I did was pulling her closer. I tried to erase this feeling. All those sleepless nights I spent on my couch watching her sleep on my bed. Everytime I elicit any visible reactions from her during dinners, I am urged to do more. I knew that she was planning to make an escape when I agreed to let her out and thought she would not go when I threatened to send Mark with her, I was wrong.

One thing for sure.

I loved her.

Out of my mind.

I craddled her closer to my chest. The pace of my heart beat spiking up as the thought of keeping her safe crossed my mind.

I would have to let her go.