Chapter Two

Hyunjin woke up facing the ceiling, It's white and so bright making him groan in discomfort. He felt a sting on his right arm, look up and saw three bags of IV. Goddamn it, I really done it this time. He thought, rubbing his head to lessen the throbs he's feeling. "Hyung. Are you alright?" Hyunjin could recognize that voice anywhere. His heart starts to rapidly beat again, but this time in excitement. "Wonbin-ah..?" Hyunjin turned his head and there he is. His little brother who was forced to go to New Jersey when he was three years old.

"Hyung. Is this really my welcome home surprise? You scared the hell out of me." Wonbin asked, encircling his arms around Hyunjin's neck and sobbed. "I thought you're never going to wake up. I haven't even touched you like this yet." Hyunjin chuckled and hugged his brother back. It's funny how his brother is the complete opposite of him. He easily cries. "I took them by mistake, Bin-ah. I thought they were candies." Wonbin gently hits Hyunjin's shoulder and pulled away from the hug. "Do I still look like a 5 year old to you? I'm already 29. Hello? Age check?"

Jisung disturbed their reunion by literally, LITERALLY crawling on his knees, crying his heart out as he went to Hyunjin's side, almost hovering on top of the patient if he didn't know Hyunjin's situation. "My two best friends are really the death of me.. Why are you all trying to die? Life is beautiful! It's magical!" Jisung cried, tears running down his face, his eyes are as big as a puppy's and he's so sad looking.

"Jisung I only wanted to sleep. Really. I didn't want to die, okay? calm down." Jisung shook his head in disapproval and showed the patient his phone. "You've been out for 5 whole days! Your job fired you for skipping so much and they have been sticking a long tube in your mouth since you came here. Do you have any idea how serious that is?" Wonbin is just listening to the conversation, completely unaware of what happened to Minho. "Alright, I'm sorry. Jisung, If I'm here out for five days, who has been sending Minho food?" Jisung sighed and sat down beside Wonbin on the couch.

"Minho this, Minho that. Can we talk about him when you're actually okay? and the baby? Do you think I don't know what you're doing, Hyunjin? I'm not dumb. I may act goofy and clueless sometimes but I am not dumb. Do you really want to kill your baby? You and Minho made that child together. The proof of your everlasting love if that exists." Wonbin isn't surprised about the news as much as earlier. The doctor already explained that Hyunjin's lucky the baby's hold is strong and tight.

Hyunjin bit his lower lip and avoided his brother and his friend's stares. That was what he was doing. One thing about him is he's not a fighter. He gives up easily and he never fights for anything. Knowing Minho might never remember him, there's no point in keeping their child. What's he gonna do? Raise it on his own?

"Hyung, did you and Minho hyung fight? He hasn't visited you since." Hyunjin swallowed the lump on his throat and smiled before turning his head to look at Wonbin. "We're fine, Bin. He's just not feeling well lately." Jisung rolled his eyes at Hyunjin's response and muttered a few words. "Literally cheating on you." Wonbin heard it but he knows he shouldn't pry. It's not his life after all and he feels like Hyunjin isn't comfortable with their current topic which he feels really sorry about.

Hours passed by fast. Wonbin insisted he stays with his brother until his discharge date and Hyunjin couldn't say no. He also made Jisung promise to keep Minho's fridge full with all his favourites to keep him healthy even if he's in the hospital. Hyunjin felt the eerie silence when his little brother fell asleep right beside him. He turned around and faced Wonbin who still looks as innocent as ever.

He extends his hand and cupped Wonbin's cheek, smiling when he leaned in to find warmth on his big brother's palm. Hyunjin imagines his own child, laying beside him looking so peaceful like his brother is right now. Would it find warmth from Hyunjin too? Just thinking about it makes Hyunjin feel the warmth he's missing for the last few months. He can't believe an unborn baby could make him feel things.