Chapter 7 - The Run

-ZEPHRILIA'S POV-

Did I know where I was going? Definitely not. Did I trust Matthew? Definitely not. 

"Get in the car." I call out to a terrified Matthew before stumbling back inside to grab Mark's keys, which we had both forgotten in our time of stress. I bring myself down the creaking stairs and am once again met with the bloodied corpse. I shove my hands inside the pockets, bringing out a packet of cigarettes and no keys. No damn keys, "God dammit!" I scream. My body was in so much pain, I was surprised I could move. It was probably my kicking adrenaline.

I pull myself back up the stairs, meeting with the dirty kitchen. I slam open the drawers, breaking everything down from its place. There's nothing; nothing at all. I walk around, looking for some sign to find my way out of this house.

--

--

I felt like I was gonna cry my eyes out if I didn't leave. I needed to leave before things got horrid. "Mathew, help me find these keys!" I scream out the front door before going in the living room for some source of help.

He comes inside, soon nervously (and not very helpfully) looking on the trashed tables for the keys. My mind was raising, and the odor of weed wasn't helping much. I push over the couch cushions, met with dust and cigarette butts.

And then my eyes started to burn, and my body started to shake. I lean over the now cushionless couch and start to let the tears flow. I was so hungry, I was so tired, I was so lost. "Zephril- oh." Matthew stated. I heard him stop searching but, it wasn't so he could comfort me, I don't think. He just stood there, ten feet away from me, probably panicking of the sorts. But, that didn't stop me from sobbing, that didn't stop the pain of knowing I could never escape this hell.

"I'm sorry." I choke out, wiping my tears that just kept flowing. I hear him take a couple caseous steps towards me. He wraps his arms around my shivering body and just stays there. It felt like ages, decades, centuries until I could compose myself. I pull myself up, trying my best to avoid eye contact with the man next to me.

"It's fine," He mutters under his rather nervous breath, "Everyone has emotions." He walks overt into the trashed kitchen and starts searching through the kitchen.

"You won't find anything there." I call out to him, "I already checked."

"I know, I just wanted to see if I could find us something to eat." He answers back. I hear the cabinets stop being opened, and him walking back. He sits himself down next to me, using the cushion less-couch to set down the peanut butter crackers. We soon grab about three packages each of peanut butter crackers and start to eat silently.

"So, um.." I take another bite of my cracker, "How long have you been here?"

"I don't know. Years?" He answers and honestly, I wasn't shocked. We go silent for quite a while, just listening to the chewing of the crackers for a few minutes.