⁷ ᵀʰᵉ ᵖᵉʳᶠᵉᶜᵗ ᵐᵃⁿᶤᵖᵘˡᵃᵗᵒʳ

▌│█║▌║ ɪғ ɪ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪ'ᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ

▌│█║▌║ ɪғ ɪ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪ'ᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ. ║  ▌║█│  ▌

.
.
.

It was stupid. It was all fucking stupid and a waste of time.

All that fucking Woo-Ram's camera showed was the world freezing over. The birds, the man in the distance.

Everything was frozen.

And Kyung-Jun didn't know how that was possible, he wasn't a genius or a conspiracy theory addict.

But he could still believe his eyes. He saw what he saw, and the fucking camera wasn't broken. So what they saw was true.

Kyung-Jun sighed irritably, curses trickling from his lips, and his eyes began to scan the landscape.

He couldn't see any strawberry blonde hair anywhere, which made him frown. Just, where was that helpful, stubborn bitch...

"Yah! What the hell are you doing, Kim So-Mi?" he heard softly, causing his back to straighten and he immediately started walking in the direction of the voice. He was vaguely aware that Eun-Ha was following him, but he ignored it.

The closer he got, the more he heard. And the more he heard, the more nervous he became.

At the sound of her pleading, his blood boiled and for a moment all he saw was red. What the fuck is happening?

"Don't do it, you hear! Don't- help!" as soon as Kyung-Jun heard Na-Ri's scream, he didn't even notice, but the pace of his walk was starting to look more like a run.

His mind didn't even realize what he was seeing, his body was already acting.

His arms wrapped around Na-Ri's waist, and with a firm tug, he pulled her towards him.

They fell to the ground and Kyung-Jun let out a pained groan. Na-Ri was light, but the basketball idiot wasn't exactly. They both lay on top of Kyung-Jun, forming a weird people sandwich.

Kyung-Jun didn't say a word, just tilted his head to the ground, not caring about the leaves or the dirt.

His eyes were fixed on the blue sky as he panted in exhaustion.

Now that the emergency had passed, he could piece together what had happened.

That stupid, stubborn, stupid, idiotic, self-sacrificing, stupid, stubborn...oh...he is repeating himself. No problem. Go Kyung-Jun has right. Kang Na-Ri was probably born to scare the hell out of Kyung-Jun. To put herself in situations where he is forced to intervene. Just... why can't she be a girl like the others? Why couldn't she stay where it's safe?