EPISODE 1 : INTERWINING PATHS

I don't know really have a clue how same sex relationships are treated in Korea and I know amongst rich and elite people such can cause an uproar  ,so for my story's sake bear in mind this is fictious. Besides , homphobia and hats  is real already I don't need to express it in my story

Four months ago

           The Kang family were gathered at the breakfast table where the patriarch was airing his grievances about his oldest grandson refusing to go on a blind dates.

               "I don't understand why you're making this so difficult Taemoo. " The chairman ranted , "don't you want to get married? They are all of prospect family!"

          The other occupants at the breakfast table barely flinched at the chairman's outburst . Ms Lee calmly buttered her toast , the youngest grandson was in his own world listening to the music on his pods and the eldest was reviewing  some files on his tablet.

              "Grandfather  ," Taemoo finally looked up from the work on his tablet , "I've no interest in marrying. So why should I bother going on blind dates."honestly he had no wish of meeting any of the candidates his grandfather set up for him

          "Don't you want to settle with someone taemoo? Don't you want to make me a great grandfather.

                 "Chairman ," his stepmom spoke up and taemoo knew no good would come out of her mouth. "May I remind you our dear Taemoo is not only interested in women. Maybe that's why he keeps rejecting . Besides how can he give you grandchildren if ..he has a preference to other men too "

                     Taemoo clenched his fists ,he had made up the lie he was also into men to get his grandfather off his back however his stepmother had never let him live it down and thanks to some ' mysterious source ' the lie had reached the media and thus there were many rumors about his sexuality.

                 "Oh please Ms Lee ," the chairman waved his daughter-in-law off  , "these days , men can have kids through surrogates. An heir from Taemoo isn't impossible."

             Taesin smirked , his red hair standing out. He finally decided to pay attention to the conversation at the table , "he has a point there mom. Married men can hire a woman to carry their baby."

               Taemoo smiled a bit ,feeling truimphant when Ms Lee hissed and rolled her eyes. Ever since his late father remarried  when he was just a boy , Taemoo and his stepmother were always engaged in some battle exchange of underlying comments and insults.

              "But mom has a point Hyung," Taesin looked at his brother mischeviously , "do you reject the ladies grandpa sets for you because they aren't right. Maybe a mister right is who you're meant for."

          The chairman's eyes widened with hope in his eyes , "is that it? Is that why you don't like any of the girls ? You want a man as your lover?I haven't thought of a having a son-in-law?"

                   Taemoo nearly choked on his tea after hearing his grandfather. You would believe Kang Da Goo would be a conservative man considering the era he came from. But surprisingly and annoyingly the chairman was open minded if he could talk so Bluntly.

          Not wanting to put up with his family's madness anymore , Taemoo stood up  "Grandpa , I've important work to finish at the office."

            "But my boy! You haven't answered my question!" The chairman's words however fell on deaf eyes. He narrowed his eyes at his grandson and if the boy was trying to run away from getting settled the chairman would do it for him even if it meant his grandson wedding a man so be it. But that man would come from a family as reputable as them.