23 • convinced

Armelle was convinced that Tobias knew, but wasn't completely sure. Eileen hasn't been around in a few days and it was a relief for Armelle.

"Tobias, why don't we stay in for dinner? You've been busy working out and the kids have been busy with their activities. It would be nice to order a pizza and watch the kids' favorite movie." He smiled at his wife and nodded before grabbing her hand.

"Yeah, babe. That sounds like a great idea. You want me to order it now?"

"Since it's almost 6, yeah. I'm starving." They shared a kiss and separated briefly before sharing a quick peck.

"I'm gonna go pick Tabby and Titus up from Vuce's house. I'll be back in ten." He ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her forehead before walking out of the living room.

Armelle made her way upstairs and noticed her cell phone was ringing.

"What do you want, John?"

"You! Do I have to spell it out for you?" She rolled her eyes and hung up before sitting on her bed.

John continued to harass her as the night went on.

Armelle was fed up with his antics, so she finally answered one of his many calls.

"I don't want you, John. I don't need you," Armelle whispered into the phone as her husband played with their children in the other room.

"Come over. I want you." John knew exactly what he was doing. He was slowly destroying something that was beautiful.

"John, I can't. It's dinner time and a school night. My kids have to get to bed soon." He chuckled sarcastically and Armelle rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Just get over here around 10. Wear those black lace bra and panties I got you. I'm fucking horny, Mel." He hung up and she stared at her phone in disbelief.

She stepped out of the guest bedroom and put on a smile as her son and daughter ran over to her with big smiles.

"Mommy! Daddy's taking us to Disney World on Saturday!" Armelle kissed the top of their heads and looked over at her husband with a wink.

"Tabitha, could you help Titus wash his hands? Dinner is ready." She nodded and grabbed her little brother's hand before walking out of their playroom.

Tobias stood up and walked over to his wife, pulling her into his arms for a kiss. She reached up his shirt and lightly scratched his abs, causing him to groan into her mouth.

"Armelle, don't start something you can't finish." She pulled back with a laugh and rested her head on his chest.

"Please, John." She felt him stiffen and he stepped back, looking at her with disgust.

"John?" She looked at him with watery eyes and he furrowed his eyebrows. It was all coming to him.

The suspicious phone calls, the increase in her sexual appetite, her wardrobe change.

"W-who's John?" She shook her head, letting her tears fall freely.

"Who's John?" Armelle jumped at the anger in his voice, closing her eyes as he stepped closer to her.

"I'm gonna ask you one more time." He placed his finger under her chin and made her look into his eyes. "Who is John?"

Armelle hates lying to her husband and he doesn't like lying, period. Keeping this from him is eating her alive.

"I've been sleeping with your teammate. John. John Wall."

-

KWDNTEFHJREC Y'ALL