The cat will hunt till bloodshed

My grandma was always a strange lady. She would just sit and stare at the wall repeating the same words over and over again. "The cat will hunt till bloodshed" she would say. She always said it in a poem type way. No one knew why she did it, she just did.

Grandma died a week later from unknown causes. She was very healthy. The doctors say it was just old age. They refused to let us see her body.

At her funeral there was a strange black cat. It sat by her casket and just watched. And specifically me it watched. It gave me this werid feeling. Something wasn't right about Grandma's death and this cat.

After the funeral, I started seeing the cat more often. Whether it was sleeping on a bench or walking the neighborhood. It seemed as if the cat was following me. I know something is off about the cat. Why was it at grandma's funeral? Was this cat connected to Grandma somehow? I needed to know.

The cat kept getting closer to my house in some way. It would sometimes be in my backyard or digging in the trash. Sometimes it was outside my window, just watching me. I had an idea on what to do.
That night I planned to stay up all night to see if I found the cat. So thats what I did.

Around 3am I heard scratching on my window. I wasn't sure whether to check it out or wake up my parents. I heard the scratching again but louder. I was starring at my window. I felt as if in a trance where I couldn't move. All I could do was stare. I heard the outside lock being messed with, like someone was trying to get in. The lock broke and the window slowly started to open, making a creaking sound as it did. I was expecting to see a person with a knife or something like that but no. I saw the black cat. But the cat didn't look right. It looked human. Like its skin had been stretched. The cat's face seemed like it was melting off. It had long claws that had a coat of dried blood on the tips. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. The cat, if it even is a cat anymore, started to climb in the window and into my room. Every move it made its bones made a cracking sound. It was disgusting. When it fully climbed into my room I could see its full height. It almost touched the ceiling. The 'cat' started walking towards me while saying something the didn't sound like English.

"Ꚍӊє ӊҵҋꚍ ѕӊдꙇꙇ єҋԁ ꚍөҋїԍӊꚍ. Ғөя бꙇөөԁѕӊєԁ ꚍөԁдұ" (The hunt shall end tonight. For bloodshed today)

The 'cat' kept repeating those strange words over and over again. I backed away from the 'cat' until I hit my closet door. I looked around my room for something to defend myself with, but anything that would work was on the other side where the 'cat' was. The 'cat' was only a few steps from me. It reached its long arm towards me and ran it along my arm. Its skin was cold and dry. It sent shivers down my spine. The 'cat' pulled its arm back to its side and bent down to eye level with me. This was the first time I could see its eyes properly. They were a normal yellow color but they had black veins around the pupils. I felt as if the 'cat' was starring straight into my soul. I could feel its hot breath on my face. It reeked of raw meat. The 'cat' said something that I could somewhat make out. It still wasn't English.

"Ѡөяяїѕөӎє ꙇєѕѕ ҫӊҵꙇԁ. Ҋөꚍӊїҋԍ ҫдҋ ѕдѵє ұөҵ ҋөѡ." (Worrisome less child. Nothing can save you now.)

I could only make out a few words. It sounded like he said "Less"? I'm not sure but I know it's wasn't good. The 'cat' had me cornered. I wanted to scream and cry for help but nothing came out. The last thing I saw was the 'cat' holding its claw infront of me. I felt something stab my stomach. I opened my eyes and saw the 'cat's' claw pierced through my stomach. I heard the 'cat' say,

"For the hunt has ended. Bloodshed is here and bloodline has fallen."

That was English. I understood that. Those words made everything click. My father was my grandma's only child. Most of my dad's side of the family are dead. Grandma, Dad, Me. All the same bloodline.

All dead.

My vision goes hazy as I fall to the ground. The last thing I heard was the 'cat' climbing out of my window before my mind goes blank and my body goes limp.