~THE LOVER'S LIKE ME~

------------------------------------------------------------

"I know you're still getting used to 21st century technology, Kiara, but when you see my name pop up on your phone accompanied by an excessive ringing. You answer the bloody phone."  Nik's voicemail rattles on. I'm about to stop the phone when I realize the message isn't over. "This is Nik by the way."

"Should I call him back, or let him wait?" I ask Kol, he chuckles walking out of the bathroom drying his hair with a towel after having showered.

He walks over and grabs the phone out of my hand and throws it on the bed in the hotel room we have been staying in. "Let him ponder, we have work to do. Especially you." He goes over to one of the drawers and pulls out a T-Shirt putting it on.

"I really don't want to do this." I told him but I knew he didn't really care.

"We all have to do things we don't want to do in the name of always and forever or whatever." He explains.

I continue my pouting plopping back on the bed. "I never much cared for that vow. I much prefer it being just you and me."

He plops down right next to me, sighing loudly as if to get my attention. "It's not like this is your first trip to high school."

"But I hate high school, like I'd rather do just about anything." He grabs my arm, making me sit up and get off the bed.

He reached back, taking my phone back from where he had thrown it and placed it back in my hands. "I'm only a phone call away."

"For someone who hates high school almost as much as I do, you seem awfully chipper." I comment, annoyed at his cheerful demeanor. His smile only grew wider disregarding my words which only made an unsure feeling in my stomach grow. "You're scaring the hell out of me, you know.

"We have to get going, Kiara. Or you'll be late for your first day." Kol tries to ignore me, I'm sure laughing internally but I had no intentions of leaving this room.

I shake my head sporadically, "Over my cold desiccated body."

"Don't make me carry you out of here." He threatens.

"You wouldn't dare." I challenge not expecting him to do anything but he challenges my challenge, throwing me over his shoulder while I kick him repeatedly. He keeps walking anyway all the way out the door. He doesn't set me down till I'm in the passenger seat of the car he had compelled us the other day. "I hate you."

"You love me, remember? It's just you and me." He responds, getting into the driver's side buckling his seat belt.

"I'm starting to hate that vow too." I mutter knowing he can hear me.