chapter 10//**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

"i did it all 'cause it feel good

you'd leave it all if it feel bad

better live your life

we were running out of time"

all the stars (ft. sza)

-kendrick lamar

-ˏ͛⑅ ‧̥̥͙‧̥̥ ̥ ̮ ̥ ⊹ ‧̫‧ ⊹ ̥ ̮ ̥ ‧̥̥‧̥̥͙ ⑅ˏ͛-

so... it's already really late for me and i have to get up early. so, i don't assume i'll write very much lmao

.·:*¨¨* y/n's pov *¨¨*:·.

the next few seconds of our supper is filled with silence. i can tell both of us are nervous and it's a mild relief. it's an honest, good feeling to know that me and miles are both in the same boat.

miles speaks first and i'm not surprised, he's always had more confidence. i wonder where that comes from at times, but i admire it anyway. 

"i usually come here to eat when i'm not with other people." miles turns to me, his soft brown eyes make me melt.

i smile and poke at my own food, gazing around the art classroom. "yeah, i love it here. i can't say i spend a ton of time here."

miles tilts his head and i watch as he does something i adore in him. i've noticed that he conveys his words and emotions very well through his body language. he's so expressive.

he speaks, stretching out his feet. "i thought you liked creating art and, y'know, drawin'?" i'm taken aback by the fact that miles noticed that. maybe i wasn't just some random kid that took an interest in him to him.

"i prefer the calmness of my dorm and i always feel so awkward, drawing in front of the other students." i admit and i shrug, smiling sheepishly.

miles nods and i feel like he understands. we continue to eat as we talk, mostly about art and classes. i know first convos can be awkward, but this one progresses normally.

we mostly keep in the realm of school, and i can't help but realize that i'm talking to my hallway crush. who i've liked forever.

like, one day, which was today, we actually met and talked and are hanging out. i remind myself how much can change over the course of 24 hours.

which also frightens me. what if, after this he decides he doesn't like me. i then remember that i'm being dumb, and over thinking. 

and that i should also live in the moment, because i've been zoning out for too many seconds. oops.

i just can't comprehend how someone so adorable can even exist. i watch as he talks about his tags and graffiti, a subject he's obviously passionate about. 

i can't stop the smile on my face as we discuss different types of art. "maybe you should come along next time i decide to throw something up." miles suggests and i'm broken out of my thoughts.

"yeah, totally! when do you usually go?" i ask, curious. "mostly on the weekends, or-" miles pauses and leans in. he holds up his hand to his mouth like he has a secret.

i smile as i lean in slightly and he speaks quieter. "usually whenever i can sneak out." he admits and i shake my head with a grin.

"well, i'd love to join you. maybe you can show me how to do some graffiti or something." i say, pushing away my food tray so i can lean on the edge of the table.

miles laughs and nods and i notice we're both sitting close, our knees could touch if either of us wanted them to.

fuck it, i've been watching him in the hallways for this long, i can do something. i shift in my seat so my leg touches his.

the anxiety in the moment of wondering if he'll pull away, is wasted, because miles keeps his leg to mine, and i see his smile grow.

i don't know how it's even possible, but i feel myself falling for him even more.

-ˏ͛⑅ ‧̥̥͙‧̥̥ ̥ ̮ ̥ ⊹ ‧̫‧ ⊹ ̥ ̮ ̥ ‧̥̥‧̥̥͙ ⑅ˏ͛-

alright... so, it is shorter but i needed to get it done lmao enjoy

playlist is in external link again!!!