CHAPTER 44

That was so embarrassing. I groaned into my hands as I remembered how he stepped towards me and how I foolishly ran out. I mean I know I like him, but I didn't know it was that much. Absence does make the heart grow fonder. I squealed and jumped up when I felt a hand on my head.

"Sorry babes, I knocked but you didn't respond." I looked up to see Tracy. "Ha-rin is stopping Brian from coming in to gossip." I groaned again and threw my face in her lap from her position on the bed.

"I can't believe I made a fool of myself, Tray! I didn't know I already liked him that much."

"Well, it was really funny how you dashed out like that blue guy, err sonic aha!" She was already giggling.

"Not helping!" I shot up from the bed and started pacing. "Who was that beside him?" I refuse to say that I was jealous.

"Oh, so that was it!" I threw my friend a glare as the door to my room opened after a knock. I watched as Rina came in with a mischievous face. "She's his friend apparently. Went to law school together. Don't worry, I don't think she holds a candle to how good you look when you stand next to lover boy."

"What??" I sputtered.

"What's up?" Ha-rin demanded as she went to her place beside Tracy.

"I think our babes here finally discovered what jealousy looks like."

"Ouu red-eyed!" I watched them in wonder as they made their conversation.

"Exactly!" Tracy nodded.

"Are you my friends?" I asked the two who looked like they would become laughing monkeys at any point now.

"Of course! And that's why we are going to get you dressed and ready for dinner to show that man what he is missing." They were already pushing me into the bathroom before I could protest.

—-------------

She likes him. All through dinner, she had been whispering into his ears and he seems to be having fun listening to whatever she is saying.

When I came back out after my friends had done whatever they wanted to do on my face, he walked straight up to me and pulled me in a bone crushing hug. I peek up from time to time just to catch his glorious face. He's sitting right across me, and he has Liam next to him also talking his ear off.

I feel a jab to my side.

"Why are you pretending to be strangers? Talk to him!" Ha-rin whispers in my ear from next to me. Tracy takes that as her cue to clear her throat to make conversation just as Cyrus mentions my name. I knew he wanted to talk to me but for some reason, Lauren, his friend who he finally introduced to me, is just making me feel like we can't chat that way. She's sweet, believe me, I think I am the issue here. For some reason I'm feeling nervous around him and extremely jealous.

"Go ahead Princess Tracy." I let out a giggle at that. He knows she's a tough one to handle and I catch his timely grin as he turns to listen to Liam and Lauren interact.

"So, what have you been doing these past months Cyrus?" He throws her a quick glance before looking at me.

"Lillian knows." What is with that cunning grin he's giving now? I thought he liked hearing blue-eyed Lauren.

"And why do you want me to be your mouth and voice?" I narrow my eyes down at him.

"There she is!" I thought I heard him mutter.

"You don't want to?" He asks just as my eyes drop to his lips. They look soft and so nice. I catch myself and clear my throat bringing my eyes to meet his only to find him dragging his eyes up from my lips. There were mischievous smiles on everyone's face just as Lauren leans into him with a giggle. I've had enough. I threw my napkin on the table and walked to my room.

Where's that outfit? I rummage through my closet until I find the black knee length dress and my ankle boot. I am seething with jealousy, and I just want to go and have fun. He can have his fun too. I sashay out of my room.

"Where're you going Lily? It's Christmas eve." I look at Brian and throw him a dirty look as he smirks in the direction of Cyrus after saying this. They've moved to the living room. I see Cyrus' gaze on me from the corner of my eye as Tracy waddles over to me.

"Where are you going babe?" She whispers so only I can hear.

"To have fun. A bar? I don't know." She looks thoughtful for a while.

"Ben can't go cause Ha-rin can go into labor any moment from now. Let Brian go with you." I was going to reject the offer, but I knew she wouldn't let me off easily, so I nodded, gave her a hug and dashed out as soon as I saw Cyrus get up from his seat.

"Go, go! " I heard Tracy say to Brian.

—------------

This was not my scene, but it was better than seeing another woman with Cyrus. I wanted to tell him how I felt but I closed off again. I don't want to get hurt. I saw Brian lurking somewhere at the bar. His assignment was simple.

Don't stop me from having fun. That was how I ended up on the dance floor of a bar on a Christmas eve half drunk and half aware. I was so lost in the loud music that it took me a while to catch the tall muscular man whose frosted hair had now turned a light shade of brown. His silver eyes were smoldering and locked on me as my body swayed and I moved to the unknown song that played in the bar. I held his gaze as my hand drew across my body which was now dancing for only him. He was still stuck to the side at the entrance.

I couldn't go back now because I knew one thing now as I watched how he sensually dipped his right pinkie to the corner of those lips that I had stared at earlier this evening.

I wanted to make Cyrus Olsten mine.

His eyes swooped down my body and came back up boldly possessing my dance. I knew what I was doing, I was calling him to me with my body and he had taken the bait. His smoldering eyes were proof, and his chest heaved just as mine did. Some tall bulky dude was close to me and was reaching for me but I was probably too drunk to care. His warm and familiar embrace with that smell that was peculiar to him enveloped me before the strange guy could get his hands on me. I giggled with a hiccup. I have been doing that a little too much today.

"What are you doing Lillian?" Ah there was that husky voice.

"Why are you here? I thought you were having fun with blue-eyed blondie." The last words slurred out.

He released a heavy breath like a sudden realization. "That's it? You were ignoring me because you were jealous?" He chuckled. He was swaying with me with his chest pressed to mine as my hands moved on their own around his body making him tense up.

"Whatever! I'm going to have fun." I swiveled to walk away only to be pulled and thrown over his massive shoulder before he walked me out of the bar.

"What are you doing?" I thrashed in his old and squeaked when I felt him pinch my thigh.

"Taking you somewhere where only I have my gaze on you." And that shut me up.