three

After a week, Rosie was starting to get comfortable in Hogwarts. Making new friends, exploring new places and experiencing new things since it was her first being in Hogwarts. One day, she was just reading a book in her dorm, and a knock could be heard outside the door. "Who is it?" Rosie asked as she placed a bookmark in the book and closed it.

"It's me..." A familiar voice said. Rosie opened the door and saw her cousin, Tom Riddle. "Tom? What are you doing here?" She asked as a small giggle followed. "Mattheo forced me." Tom coldly replied. "Come on, Tom, bring it in!" Tom rolled his eyes at her. "Can I just come in? I have something to tell you."

"Can I at least get a hug? Please?"

Rosie teased the Slytherin Prefect, which made his blood boil. "Don't call me that or I'll haunt you in your nightmares" Tom snarked at his cousin as he crossed his arms. "Don't you want to hear what I got to say?"

"Fine, I'll stop." Rosie laughed as she gestured to Tom to get inside.

"Now, what are you doing here?" She questioned as she sat down on her bed and Tom sat on the desk chair. "Mattheo told me to tell you that..."Tom scoffed. "There is a vacant spot in the Slytherin Quidditch Team."

Rosie was stunned at the news, Mattheo knew her so much that she loved Quidditch. "Really? Or you're just messing with me?" Smithstone asked her cousin, hesitating to react to the sudden news.

"If I was messing with you, I would've just left earlier when I knocked on the door," Tom replied sarcastically. "I'm serious, Tom"

"I am too, Rosie." Riddle said as he stood up from the desk chair. "Look, Mattheo needs an answer by tomorrow. So, I'll leave you be now. Oh and, welcome to Slytherin." He said as he headed out to the door. "Tom, wait!" Rosie yelled out to him as he turned around just to be unexpectedly hugged by her.

"Thank you, Tom," Rosie mumbled as she hugged him tightly, and Tom thought he was in an awkward situation. "You're welcome?" Rosie was surprised because Tom Riddle awkwardly hugged her back, whenever someone hugged him, he would shrug them off or even threaten them. Eventually, Rosie let Tom go after a few minutes and thought about Mattheo's news.

The next day, Rosie went looking for Mattheo all around the castle, from the greenhouses to the Astronomy Tower. Around 2 hours later after looking all over for him, she saw her cousin at the Quidditch Pitch, including other people. It turns out that Mattheo and the Slytherin Quidditch Team have been practising nonstop since 5 in the morning.

Their team captain and keeper, Marcus Flint has been pressuring them for the upcoming match that everyone has been looking forward to, Slytherin VS Hufflepuff.

"Come on guys! Why are you all giving up?! Don't you want to beat their arses next month at the match?!" Flint scolded, slightly ignoring the fact that the rest of his team were sitting, even lying on the ground because they were so tired.

They were also covered in sweat, some even took off their jersey due to the scorching heat. "Giving up?! What makes you think that we're giving up?! We have been practising for 6 hours now, Flint!" Theo was pissed off because of Flint's words since he was also looking forward to winning the match against the Hufflepuff. As the two of them argued, a voice interrupted them.

"Excuse me, I am so sorry to disturb you all but, is Mattheo here?" Rosie asked as she entered the pitch wearing the Slytherin school robe and a white headband. The team looked at her with confusion, shock and surprised looks.

"Rosie! What are you doing here?" Mattheo asked as he got up from the ground after laying there for 30 minutes. "I was looking for you and could ask you the same thing." Smithstone chuckled as she pointed out that her cousin was shirtless and drenched in sweat. "How long have you been practising?" She asked as she took a look around the massive pitch. "I don't know, I lost count," Mattheo replied as he wiped his sweaty forehead with his already-drenched jersey.

"Riddle! I didn't know that you invited company over," said Marcus as he placed a hand on Mattheo's shoulder. "It's a pleasure meeting you. Marcus Flint." Flint smirked as he held her hand and gave it a quick kiss, which confused others, including one of their beaters, who was nevertheless, Draco Malfoy.

"It's also a pleasure meeting you, Marcus and please, no need for formalities. Rosie Smithstone.I was also wondering if I could try out for the team?" She smiled at the Slytherin keeper. "Of course you can. I've seen you play and it is amazing. Your Scarejump trick is one of my favourites, though I do think the Stillstand is the best of them all." Marcus was now acting like a fan girl.

But when Rosie heard about the tryouts once again, she was ecstatic. Rosie loves quidditch more than anything in the world. Quidditch is the reason why she's not dying of boredom, and it's a fun sport that she and her brothers play. Rosie was even considered to be a professional since she played in the Quidditch World Cup twice, she also played for England when she was 12 and she was very close friends with the Bulgarian seeker, Viktor Krum. Even when it comes to brooms, every time a new one gets released, Rosie already has it in her collection a few months prior, even her wand can be turned into a broomstick.

Mattheo smiled at Rosie, knowing how much she loved Quidditch. "I assume that Tom told you yesterday?" Riddle smirked while putting on his jersey. "Yep! I hope you all don't mind," Rosie glanced at the boys who were tired from their practice. She felt bad, letting them play in the heat and they were sweating like crazy.

"How about another time?" She asked, to which Marcus agreed, finally letting the team rest for the day. "Thank you for saving us back there. We would have died because of how tired we were." Rosie turned to see Draco, wearing his drenched quidditch jersey.

"Of course. I could try any other time but I couldn't stand letting you all play, especially in the state you're in." She chuckled, and then their eyes interlocked once again.

Both of them unnoticeably admired each other's eyes. Rosie realised and her cheeks slightly flushed. "So, what position are you in the team?" Rosie asked, awkwardly attempting to forget what happened a few seconds earlier.

"Well, I'm a beater. So is Blaise, but I have been after that Seeker since I was like, 11."

"Really? Why don't you try out for Seeker now? I can wait for another opening." Rosie softly smiled at her friend.

"I did but, Flint said he wants a different member, a new member. I just want to beat that Potter's arse off the pitch." Malfoy sneered. He was obsessed with the idea of being a step ahead of Harry.

"Hey Rosie, I was just wondering if... we could hang out sometime?" Draco shyly but also at the same time, confidently. Rosie blushed at his unexpected and sudden invite. "Of course, Draco. I would love to."

<333