𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀

"Can you see him yet?" the oldest Kasanksy kid, Danielle, asked.

"No, not yet," The second oldest, Micheal, asked, scanning the crowd of Navy departing from the aircraft carrier to reunite with their families.

"Ugh! What's taking him so long?" Danielle asked impatiently.

"Be patient, Danielle. He's coming," Their mother said, bouncing their youngest brother, Sam, in her arms.

"I think I see him!" Micheal announced, pointing somewhere in the crowd of Navy uniforms.

Danielle squinted her eyes, following her brother's finger and finding her father.

"Dad!" The kids exclaimed, running through the crowd towards their father, their golden hair gleaming in the setting sun.

They watch their father's eyes light up as he spots them, dropping his bag and crouching down to their level as the children run into his open arms.

"Dad!" The kids exclaimed into their father's chest once more, their arms wrapped around him as tight as their small arms would allow them.

"Hey, kiddos," he chuckled, kissing his children in their blonde hair that matched his own, "were you two good for your mom?"

The two kids released from their father, nodding, "Did you get the bad guys, Dad?" Micheal asked eagerly.

Their father chuckled once more, "Yeah, sorta," he said before his approaching wife caught his attention. He rises from his knees, walking over to his wife with his youngest son in her arms.

"Hey, little man," He says before kissing his youngest on the head, "and hello you," he says before kissing his wife on the lips.

"Ew!" the older two pretended to gag and turn away, causing their parents to chuckle as they released each other.

"Does Uncle Mav get a hug?" a familiar voice asked.

The five Kasanksys turned to find Pete "Maverick" Mitchell standing behind them with his bag slung over his shoulder.

"Uncle Mav!" Micheal and Danielle ran to him, hugging his legs.

"Hey, you two," he greets, patting them on the back before they release him.

"Maverick," their mother approaches him, wrapping her free arm around him, "it's good to see you."

"Good to see you too, Sarah," he wraps his arms around her, careful not to disturb the baby in her arms, "and you too, little guy," he says, smiling down at the baby.

"Why don't you join us for dinner?" she suggests.

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude on your family dinner," he says, picking up his bag that fell to the ground when the kids trampled him.

"Yes, I'm sure. You are family, Maverick," their mother assured him.

Their mother started towards the car with Maverick and Micheal close behind her, but Danielle stayed behind with her father for a moment as he grabbed his bag. He clasps his big hand around hers, and they follow after them.

"Hey, dad?" the small girl asked.

"What's up, honey?"

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a pilot. Just like you," she announces.

"Is that right?" her father chuckles.

"Yup," she confirms.

"Well, you'll be the best pilot the Navy has ever known," he says, stopping to crouch down to her level.

"You think so?"

"I know so."