Chapter-28: I Am Fine Now

I bit my lip to prevent myself from crying, beads of sweat were rolling down my forehead, and I could feel a knife piercing my skin.

Ohmigod, please Antonio.

I didn't know which floor we were. He increased his pace; we were speed walking towards the emergency exit.

"No no please don't." I pleaded. But he just tightened his hold on my arm, tight enough to leave a bruise. I bit my lip to prevent myself from crying out.

He looked around and opened the door of the emergency exit. He came in front of me and started dragging me down the stairs, he was so big and I was not able to keep pace with him, I even tripped once but his hold saved from falling down the stairs.

"Who sent you? Why are you doing this?" I asked and winced when his hold on my wrist tightened.

He looked back at me, as he stepped down the last step of the stair, me following him.

"Just keep your mouth shut or I'll gag you." He said in his deep voice.

I was trembling. I nodded and looked at the door in front of me. I could see from the window on the door that it was the back gate of the hospital and it was dark outside.

"Now be a good girl and do what you did before." He said.

He took the same position. He, behind me with a knife and me, in front of him. I bowed my head and he opened the door.

We took the first step and stopped, I frowned and looked up, there he stood in all his glory, legs parted, cold face and clenched jaw, Antonio. I could see muscles rippling in his arms as he clenched his hands into fists. Moonlight was shining on half his face and was highlighting his hair and rare blue eyes. He was looking like a dark angel, My Dark Angel.

A wave of relief hit me and I stepped towards him only to be pulled back with great force, I yelped.

"Release her." Antonio said in a cold, threatening voice. His face was expressionless and his eyes were emotionless.

Big man, who was holding me, did the opposite. He tightened his hold on my arm and I winced. He pushed me behind his back and stepped towards Antonio.

Oh no.

Big man was a little bigger and muscular than Antonio.

He roared and swung his knife towards Antonio but Antonio ducked and punched him with such a force that he staggered back. Antonio did not waste the time; he kicked him in the gut and he doubled over.

But he straightened and swung his knife at Antonio and Antonio blocked the attack by his arm, and the knife pierced his skin and blood started seeping out, but Antonio didn't even flinch. Antonio kicked his hand, in which he was holding a knife, and the knife fell down from his hand and slid towards me.

It stopped right in front of me.

Antonio was punching him and kicking him but the big man was able to block some of his punches.

When Antonio was busy kicking the shit out of a big man, I saw a shadow behind Antonio, there was someone behind Antonio. My body went into auto-pilot. I picked up the knife and crept towards him, the man behind Antonio didn't even notice me, he was just concentrating on Antonio, he was about to attack Antonio when I took off and stabbed him in his side. He cried out and fell to the ground. That snapped Antonio's attention towards his back.

His eyes were murderous. I looked behind him towards the big man, he was passed out on the ground in a heap and his face was all bloody and bruised.

I was okay, no one was kidnapping me now. And my hand was covered with someone else's blood.

I hope he is not dead. Please God, I didn't mean to kill him, I was just saving Antonio. Or at least trying to.

With a cry of relief I hugged Antonio tightly. He hugged me back. I was a blubbering mess. I pulled away and looked at his face, a bruise was forming on his jaw. I took his injured arm and examined it.

"Ohmigod Antonio, Are you okay? We need a doctor. You are not in pain are you?" I was hysterical.

He took a hold of my arms and slammed his lips to mine. The kiss was filled with relief and passion. I circled my arms around his neck and he pulled me deeper, his hands were on my hips. His tongue fighting for domination. I moaned. He broke the kiss and rested his forehead against mine. We both were breathing heavily.

"Are you okay?" he whispered.

"Yeah." I replied and nodded.

"I am fine now." I added.

........................................................

I was sitting in the passenger seat of some car, and Antonio's men were taking care of a big man and another one. Antonio was leaning against the opened door of the passenger seat, staring at the truck that had those two assholes. I sighed and leaned back. All this kidnapping and past events were taking a toll on me. My body was aching badly and my wrist and arm was throbbing with my heart beat. I just wanted to sleep.

I closed my eyes.

"Maria? You okay?" I heard Antonio's voice.

"Hmmmm." I hummed and curled into a ball.

I felt him brushing my hair and placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Sleep, caro." He whispered, that was the last thing I heard before sleep took over me.