Ice Cream Date

Requested by  

Y/n's P.O.V.

I have a first date with C/n today and if I'm being honest, the butterflies in my stomach are eating me alive. I'm so nervous and excited at the same time. We agreed to meet at a local ice cream shop. 

She asked me on this date after I got her phone number from B/s/F/n. I had called her because I needed to return a shirt she let me borrow for PE. 

When I got there, she was waiting for me outside. "I was thinking about going in to get the ice cream before you got here as a surprise but then I realized that I don't know what you want."

"How romantic of you." I bump her shoulder.

She smiles and then opens the door for me. "After you."

I smirk as I walk through the door. We stand at the counter deciding what to get. I decide to have salted caramel and she chooses mint chocolate chip. 

"I was thinking that we could watch a movie after this. I'll pay for your ticket." She says to me.

"I can pay for it." I blush.

"Yeah but it's a date so, to bad. I'm paying."

We walk toward the theater, still eating our ice cream. 

"What movie do you want to watch?" I ask her.

"Mmmm, how about Cobweb?"

"What's that?"

C/n goes on to explain that it's a horror movie about a kid who hears sounds from the walls. She is trying not to give it away but says the parents suck and there is a monster in the walls. We get there, and having finished our ice cream, we enter the theater and buy tickets. 

We find seats and the movie begins. As soon as it starts, I know I hate it. I'm not a big fan of horror movies. I like the eerie vibes but I don't do well with horror.

"This movie is really scary but you're into it so I'm trying not to cover my face the whole time but- WHAT IS THAT?" I say halfway through the movie.

At this point, my feet are on the seat and I'm scrunched up, trying not to hide my face. She just giggles beside me. "Be quiet, we're going to get shushed if you yell."

I just nod at her and try to avoid looking at the screen. I see her look at me out of the corner of my eye.

"Want me to hold your hand?"

I don't even bother to look at her, hiding behind one hand, I give her the other. She took my hand and brushed her fingers along my knuckles to comfort me. We sit like this for the rest of the movie and when we leave she doesn't let go. 

She walks me home and when we get there, she turns to me. 

"You know how you called to return my shirt?"

"Of course. That's how you asked me out."

"Well, I wanted to tell you that you can call me whenever you want........ Even if you don't have a reason to."

I blushed and nodded. We said our goodbyes and I went inside. After a good three hours of her words replaying in my head, I decided to call her.

"Hey, cutie? Miss me already?" She answers the phone.

"EEeeewwww. You're making me re-think calling you. I think I'm going to hang up." 

"Wait! Don't hang up. I was joking." 

"Ok." And then we talked for a while.