Chapter 2

I wake up to the alarm going off. I groan as I stand up, thinking if I should get another 15 minutes of sleep. No, Emma, focus. You've got responsibilities.

I get in the shower and, the idiot that I am, I slip and fall. My ankle starts hurting as hell and I sit in the bathtub like a lost puppy. This day couldn't have started worse.

I try walking but squeak with every step again like a lost puppy. How the hell am I supposed to do good in my audition like this?

Get it together, Emma. You've been through worse.

I remember when I was 14, I broke my arm and went to the audition for a commercial and the director just told me 'Go break a leg somewhere else, I guess.' and he just laughed proudly at his genius joke. Yeah, that wasn't funny. I appreciate the honesty, though.

I got ready and with a quick look in the mirror, I was preparing myself for the failure. At least I look pretty. I wore a black turtleneck with black khaki pants. Don't judge. I wore a beige coat over that, so I don't look like I'm going to a funeral.

I walked on the streets of New York. There were so many people rushing somewhere and I just strolled past them, an hour early for the audition. I decided to sit in a cafe and enjoy my first coffee of the day.

Once I got inside, I saw so many people waiting for their order and I just rolled my eyes and gave up on my coffee. I really hate crowded places. Well done coming to New York, Emma.

I turned around to walk out but at that moment I bumped into someone. I felt a very hot liquid spill over me and I gasped as it hit me.

"Oh, come on. Can this day get any worse?" The guy mumbled as he looked down on his black shirt covered in the same liquid.

"This is so fucking hot." I said, pinching my turtleneck away from me.

"I'm glad this turns you on but I'm not a fan." He said laughing and I just looked up at him with sarcastic eyes.

Once I met my eyes with his, my eyes softened. I gulp at the beautiful face in front of me. If I had to explain the man of my dreams, I would just picture this guy. Goddamn, are people here this gorgeous?

"I'm sorry, I guess." I said not really feeling sorry.

"You guess?" He asked with his look focused on wiping the coffee off his shirt.

"That was your chance to apologize to me actually." I said smirking and waiting for him to look at me. After a second, I got the sarcastic eyes back. He kind of stared at me for a few seconds so I just took the wipes to clean myself so it wouldn't be uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I was the one who turned around and went straight into you. I'm such a dumbass." He said flatly, thinking I wouldn't notice his sarcasm.

"I'll forgive you. It's not your fault you can't control yourself." I said teasing him.

"You owe me a shirt." He said throwing away his spilled coffee.

"You owe me a shirt." I said mocking him.

He looked down from my face and kind of took a longer look.

"I can see through your shirt." He said smirking and walked away. I felt embarrassed so I covered myself up with the coat.

This was actually a conversation I didn't expect. I expected someone to yell or feel annoyed. We just made jokes and moved on. That is a nice encounter for the first New Yorker I bumped into and it's even better that I'm not gonna see him anymore because it was a bit embarrassing for my see-through shirt. Now I'm really hoping to see beautiful guys like this all the time.