Calm

When my eyes open and i reenter the empty space filled with darkness i sigh which makes my chest feel heavy from the amount of times i have cried recently. Usually i am good at hiding my emotions it was how i grew up, until i am alone when i can let it all out, but recently i seem to not be in control of them.

I wonder how long i have been here, hours? Days? the last thing i remember was falling asleep in my own arms but i have no way of knowing when that was. When i was locked in rooms at home i used to sleep for days because of my body's weakness, i had a small sleeping bag and a toilet in the room with me that way i could be left in there longer, but the lack of food and water was the hardest. I slept so much and was tired all of the time from dehydration and lack of food. It helped the days go by quicker but they were still painful.

I haven't eaten in days because 'i didn't deserve any' and the only drink i have had in a while was the champagne i forced down to ease my nerves building in my stomach. Thinking about it makes my throat dry even more. Will he just leave me here? How long has he left me here?

If i tell him it was my father who caused my scarred body i will be aloud out, but how long once I'm out until my father murders me for telling anyone? Or how long until Enzo  hits me for not telling him? Maybe he will like it that my father abused me, it will make him feel better about him doing it too.

Sounds from the house begin to grow and i can hear faint sounds of arguing coming from down the hall.

"I wouldn't have told you if i thought you would have reacted like this!" A voice i recognise of Sophie argues angrily.

"You would have told me! She is going to be my wife, therefore i deserve to know!" The other voice strikes back, i already knew it was Enzo by his harsh tone, but him calling me his wife makes me even more sure but also uneasy. I never imagined i would be married anytime soon especially to a man like him. Of course i knew it would be arranged for my Papa's benefit but i expected a much older man with a bald patch a round beer belly  and a mistress by his side. Of course I'm not putting the last one past Enzo just yet

"And locking her up is going to solve everything" Soph responds sarcastically before continuing. "If you don't get her out i will and i wouldn't complain when she has zero trust for you." She scoffs before the sound of her heels retreating tells me she walked away from him.

An angry grunt comes from Enzo before his steps come closer to the corridor of the dark room. I pull my legs up to my chest and burry my face into them. Father only came to the room i was held in when he was ready for his punching bag to be used, or worse.

I whimper afraid he will do the same and i feel lightheaded from dehydration and the amount of water i have wasted crying. Please Mama save me.

His gruff footsteps grow louder until his presence is right behind the door. His deep breathing being the only indicator as i cant see anything through the darkness. The familiar click to the lock sends shivers up my back and the handle turns making me bury my head further into my small limbs. His presence is large and intimidating everything I really don't want.
The only men I've ever been around are the ones who want nothing more to hear you in pain, that is all i expect from men.

I see nor feel anything through the darkness until his large hands reach down and pick me up. I wish i could see his expression right now and predict what he is going to do, but my body feels stiff, like i cant move and my head is placed into his neck crook as he carries me out.

When the light from the halls reach my eyes, i grumble as my eyes adjust. I cant bare to look at him, to let him see me vulnerable so i stay as stiff as possible as he carries me up the stairs, my face buried perfectly in his neck my arms wrapped around his shoulders from how he picked me up, his hands hold my bottom keeping me up and my legs are wrapped around his large stomach.
He is like a giant and i feel like a child at our size difference.

His stomach is hard from his tense abs and his arms hold me like i weigh nothing. They don't move and keep me in place pressed tightly to his body, my chest pressed firmly to his radiating our warmth to each other, his hand is still on my bottom holding it to steady me, yet his touch sends waves of warmth up my back and when i focus on where his hand sits redness warmths my face and i try to focus on anything but his large palms holding my backside.

We reach the top of the stairs and he continues walking towards his, our room. At this point i kind of wish he left me in the dark, then i wouldn't have to deal with whatever is about to happen. He swings open his door snd his dark walls and modern furniture appear once again. His wardrobe door open revealing the massive closet filled with all of his clothes and soon to be mine.

His palm strokes my butt before moving up to my waist were he holds on to lift me of him and onto his floor. I keep my head down knowing i probably look terrible right now.

"Angel." His voice is much less stern than while he was talking to his sister and it almost feels calm. "Look at me Angelina."