one

i peeled my eyes open, it felt as though they'd been glued shut for hours. my body was numb, clothing clung onto my sweaty figure. i was launched towards some metal walls like a rag doll, my stomach aching. i feel sick.

it came to a halt dramatically, this box-like thing i was trapped in. my head pounded and i felt exhausted allowing sleep to consume me once again. all of a sudden, light shot through the cage. an opening. i covered my face with my hand, shading my tired eyes from the harsh sunbeams. a figure jumped into the crate causing it to shake while capturing me from sleep.

'i think she's dead.' uttered a male, with a strong british accent.

'she?!' another bellowed,

'yes she! i'm not blind gally.' the brit responded.

why were they so surprised that i was a girl? i'd only just noticed that all the muttering around me came from male voices, was i the only girl? this cannot be happening. i was desperate to see my surroundings, snapping my eyes open and grasping the atmosphere.

boys. all boys.

the boy beside me was blonde, with captivating brown eyes that you could get lost in if you weren't careful. his clothes were filthy, like he'd had to wear them for months. his long-sleeved
shirt was rolled up to his elbows, as if he'd been working and his shoes were battered and dirtied with mud.

they noticed my eyes wandering and all began to stare at me, like i was their new toy. i pushed myself up against the side of the box with all my remaining strength, creating more room between me and this male.

'hey it's okay.' he said, reassuringly,

'newt is already going for it!' someone suggested.

newt, what a unique name but it somehow sounded familiar.

'piss off, all of you. i'm sure she doesn't want to be surrounded by all you shanks.' newt demanded.

all the boys reluctantly departed, leaving me with this newt character and another.

'i'm newt, this is alby, our leader. you might not remember anything right now but it happens to everyone who comes up here. if you are feeling well enough, we'll take you on the obligatory tour.'

'a lot of information at once newt, let her breath'
alby paused him.

'i don't even remember my name.' i informed them while standing up.

newt assisted me to exit the cage. where the hell am i?