Chpater 14

At the bustling bank, Toji found himself collecting the compensation owed for his aid in saving Summer Rose. The sight of Ozpin, a widely recognized figure, left the bank employees in awe, their shock evident as they went about their tasks, fumbling and stuttering in his presence.

Toji, however, remained unfazed by the commotion, his devilish grin accentuating his satisfaction as he received the agreed-upon payment. "Thank you very much. Now I'll be on my way with a celebration," he remarked, eager to conclude the transaction and move on.

Before Toji could make his exit, however, the persistent force of the Headmaster intervened. "But before you can go, Mr. Toji, do you think that we could...propose a partnership?" Ozpin inquired, his voice carrying a sense of earnestness beneath the diplomatic tone.

Toji, his expression blank, turned around to face Ozpin, the gears in his mind already turning as he considered the proposal. The weight of such an offer in the realm of Remnant was not lost on him, despite his nonchalant demeanor.

"You're asking for a partnership?" Toji queried, his tone tinged with a hint of skepticism.

Ozpin nodded, his gaze unwavering. "Indeed. Even though, you're an enigma to us as of right now, I believe that you be a good use of the world and the people."

Toji considered the proposition for a moment, contemplating the potential benefits and drawbacks of aligning himself with such influential figures in this complex world. His past experiences with alliances and affiliations lingered in his mind, shaping his cautious approach to such proposals.

"And what's in it for me?" Toji inquired, his eyes locking with Ozpin's, seeking clarity about the terms of such an arrangement.

Ozpin, ever diplomatic, began outlining the potential advantages of a partnership. "Access to resources, protection, and a chance to make a lasting impact towards the community." he explained, his persuasive tone attempting to sway the stoic Zen'in.

Toji, however, remained stoic, weighing the offered benefits against the potential risks and constraints of aligning himself with such a prominent figure.

Toji, considering Ozpin's proposal for a partnership, expressed his concerns. "What about our little bird? I don't think that would pair up perfectly if I take this chance. And with meeting with his sister..." he trailed off, his hesitation evident.

Ozpin, ever the negotiator, responded calmly. "I'll deal with Qrow. I'm sure he'll understand the situation," he assured, attempting to address Toji's reservations about potential complications arising from his past interactions with Qrow's sister.

Despite Ozpin's assurance, Toji remained uncertain, his guarded demeanor revealing his reluctance to commit to the partnership without resolving these underlying concerns. Sensing the hesitation, Ozpin sighed, recognizing the need to sway Toji's decision.

"I'll give you more in your allowance if you agree," Ozpin offered, hoping to sweeten the deal and address any lingering doubts Toji might have about the partnership.

Toji's expression remained unchanged, though a flicker of interest crossed his eyes at the mention of an increased allowance. He mulled over the proposition for a moment, weighing the potential benefits against the complications and risks involved.

"Well, shitttt, all you had to say, man," Toji finally relented, a mischievous grin tugging at the corners of his mouth. With a casual shrug, he extended his hand toward Ozpin, acknowledging his agreement to the partnership based on the enticement of a better deal.

All things will go well for the sake of Renmant.

Scene Change

Ozpin returned to Beacon after the intense negotiation with Toji, only to be met with a storm of complaints from two individuals who were less than pleased with his decisions.