The unseen chains of royalty

The Unseen Chains of Royalty

In the kingdom of Eldoria, where towers touched the sky and the scent of blooming flowers lingered in the air, lived Princess Isabel. A delicate soul with kindness etched into every curve of her smile, Isabel's world was about to be shaped by the hands of destiny. Little did she know that the hands guiding her fate belonged to her mother, Queen Eleanor.

The passing of the King had left the kingdom in a delicate state. To ensure the stability of Eldoria, Queen Eleanor decided that an alliance with a neighboring kingdom was the right choice. Thus, an arranged marriage was proposed between Isabel and Prince Jeffery of Veridia—a union that held the promise of securing the future of Eldoria.

As whispers of an attack reached the royal court, Queen Eleanor's worry for her daughter's safety escalated. The queen knew that she needed to take drastic measures to protect her daughter.

In a strategic move, the Queen organized a Grand Ball to mark Isabel's impending union with Prince Jeffery of Veridia. This elaborate celebration not only aimed for the alliance with Prince Jeffery's kingdom but also served as a way to protect the Eldoria citizens.

The midday sun was shining through the windows of the Royal Dining Room as the court convened for the announcement.

"Where is she?" The queen questioned, glaring at Isabel's loyal maid.

"She'll be down any moment your honor." The maid replied in a nervous tone.

Just a couple moments later, Isabel, adorned in a pink gown, was racing down the staircase. Holding up the hem of her dress.

"Perfect, we should be ready now. Open the gates." The queen stated.

Isabel stood beside her mother with an uneasy smile, eyes flitting nervously across the assembled nobility.

They waited as people began entering the castle, the queen's voice resonated through the hall, her words formal and rehearsed. "Ladies and gentlemen, honored guests, I am pleased to announce the betrothal of my beloved daughter, Princess Isabel, to Prince Jeffery of Veridia."

Applause echoed, but Isabel's gaze remained fixed on the ornate tiles beneath her feet.

The maid placed her hand on Isabel's shoulder in attempt to comfort her, Isabel gave her a weak smile before returning her gaze back to the tiles.

"In response to the recent trouble looming over our kingdom, we've decided to change some plans. Instead of waiting until next month for the alliance with Prince Jeffery, we'll be hosting the Grand Ball tomorrow evening," declared the queen.

The murmurs among the people intensified as the queen continued, "My dear Isabel, in light of the recent threats to our kingdom, I have chosen three knights for you to select as your personal guardian."

The queen introduced Isabel to three knights, each much older, towering and formidable in stature. The air was thick with tension as the imposing figures stepped forward.

Isabel's eyes widened as the reality of the situation unfolded. Her mother, driven by the urgency of the circumstances, believed these towering warriors would be the ideal protectors for her. The people watched with bated breath as Isabel hesitated, the weight of her decision hanging heavily in the air.

The queen's voice cut through the silence, "Isabel, these knights will ensure your safety in these treacherous times."

Isabel, however, recoiled at the sight of the formidable protectors, she didn't want someone following her around all the time invading her privacy, and especially not these men.