chapter 1 - nothing you can take from me

coriolanus and his crew came to the bar where lucy gray and her covey band are performing. lucy gray's cousin, maude ivory opens the show. she then introduces lucy gray to the crowd. coriolanus heart drops. that name... it makes him want to hurl, but in a good way. he finally found her. his sweet lucy gray. he was with her once again.

she ran up onto the stage with her guitar and starts speaking to the crowd. "did y'all miss me? i bet you would've never thought you have seen my face again and that goes both ways but i am back " the crowd cheers. "oh is that bottle up there for me?" she says as she points to a man holding out a bottle of tequila. "oh come on y'all, you know i gave up drinking when i was 12" she says as she begins drinking the tequila. "it's to clear my pipes y'all, to clear my pipes, now how about a song?" everyone cheers and lucy gray begins singing.

can't take my past
you can't take my history.
you could take my pa, but his name's a mystery.

coriolanus can't help but smile when she starts singing. her voice was like angels coming down from heaven.

nothin' you can take from me
was ever worth keepin'
oh nothin' you can take
was ever worth keepin'

music starts to play. it's very trad folk but coriolanus likes it. he starts to nod his head to the music as he continues to watch lucy gray perform.

can't take my charm
can't take my humor
can't take my wealth,
'cause it's just a rumor.
nothin' you can take was ever worth keepin'
no, nothin' you can take was ever worth keepin'
thinkin' your so fine-

lucy gray finally notices coriolanus standing there. she stops singing for a moment. they make eye contact. coriolanus smiles at her and she smile back. he makes her gain more confidence and she sings even more intense.

thinkin' you're in control
thinkin' you'll change me
maybe rearrange me
think again if that's your goal
ooh

as lucy gray's vocalizing, her ex boyfriend, billy taupe and his girlfriend, mayfair lipp, walk in. "you sound terrible without me!" mayfair then starts to argue with him. "billy you said you would leave them alone!" billy then pushes her down and everyone gasps. coriolanus is shocked. billy taupe grabs lucy gray's skirt and tries to attack her. "billy taupe get off of me! i'm not joking around you better get off of me! after what you did to me!! i swear ill take a snake and shove down you thro-" people start fighting and yelling and it's just chaos. coriolanus notices billy taupe is trying to attack lucy gray . he rushes over and punches him repeatedly in the face. sejanus pulls him off of billy and they run out of the bar. coriolanus holds his face is pain. sejanus laughs, "who would've thought i had to save you?" they both share a laugh. "she's here... she's alive"

AUTHORS NOTE:
if u want to skip to where lucy gray and coriolanus are running away go to chapter 5 or end of chapter 4 because i just started writing when they reunite at the performance sooo YEAH LOVE U😝😝💙💙