Chapter 23 - Envious Hearts

Chapter 23 - Day 4's Start 

- Day 4's Conti & End will be in Chapter 24! 

--------------------------------------------

Michelle's POV

It's 5 am, I didn't have a great sleep which caused me to wake up this early. Waking up with a heavy heart, and puffy eyes aren't something I want to wake up in. Here I am, still thinking about Anntonia. Yesterday's events kept playing inside my head, and the pain in Anntonia's voice kept repeating like a haunted melody.

 I slowly rise from my bed, trying to gather strength to face today. Not having my Anntonia to greet me every morning and to lay in bed with weakened me, I'm just not used to this.

Work starts after lunch, the hell am I gonna do till noon? I don't have Anntonia to keep me company, I miss her so much.

As I got up from my bed, I headed downstairs to grab myself some coffee.

I stumbled into the kitchen, desperately in need of something that can kickstart my day as I feel like I just wanna lay down on my bed the whole day.

As I was making a cup of coffee, the silence inside the house echoed loudly, but Anntonia echoed louder inside my mind. No words can explain how much I just want to be with her, to hug her.

As the clock continued to tick, I sat there lost in my thoughts, till I heard someone call my name. It was Rhian.

"Hey, gising ka na pala." I say softly while looking at Rhian approaching me.

"Couldn't continue sleeping, Max kept pushing me off the bed." Rhian replied, giving me a soft mumbled chuckle as she sat down on the stool in front of me.

 "Dito pala yun nag sleepover," I spoke, giving a soft fake smile, trying to mask my emotions.

"Mich, alam ko you're faking that smile. How are things with Anntonia?" Rhian spoke as she looked at me with a knowing concerned gaze.

 "It's tough, and hard, Rhi. I messed up, badly. Celeste ruined things for Ann and I, ang saya namin before I entered that party, Rhi." I confessed, trying not to tear up in front of Rhian.

"It's okay to cry, Mich." Rhian spoke as she placed her hand gently on my hand, giving me a comforting touch.

"Things happened so quickly, I felt like my whole world collapsed as I saw Ann standing there after Celeste kissed me." I say as tears come falling down my cheeks. "Now because of that, Anntonia finds it hard to trust me, ang sakit nun, Rhi. The girl that I love, the girl that I want, I broke her trust." I added as my voice breaks down.

"We all make mistakes, Mich. It's gonna take time for you both to heal, just give each other space at the moment, but let her feel how much you want to make things right with her. Regaining her trust can take time, Mich." Rhian replies as she rubs my hands softly, looking at me with genuine concern.

I nodded, thankful for Rhian's comfort. "I just miss her so damn much, Rhi. I don't think I can withstand another day without her. I've been showing her how much I want to make things right but there's this wall between us, every time I try, it's like she doesn't want me to." I say, sniffing my tears.

Rhian's eye looked at mine with empathy as she listened to me, "It's gonna take time for her to heal but don't let it shut you down from gaining her back. Show her how you're committed to her no matter even if it feels like she's pushing you away. Meron talagang tao that may need time to process everything." She spoke. "Just remember Mich, don't let this bring you down, please." Rhian added.

"I just don't want to lose her, she means the whole world to me. Hindi siya katulad ng iba that minahal ko, I feel something different with Anntonia. She's special, Rhi. No words in this universe can express how much I love her." I spoke while wiping my tears.