Chapter 1

Amidst the shadowy depths of a treacherous mission, the gang, accompanied by the resolute companionship of Silver and Blaze, found themselves thrust into a battle of cataclysmic proportions. Driven by an insidious ambition, the nefarious Eggman had cunningly acquired a mysterious contraption, capable of unraveling the very fabric of existence itself - a device that possessed the harrowing ability to manipulate and reset the delicate threads of time.
"Everyone know the plan? Sonic asked
, as he stepped out of the shadows into the weak light of dawn, his hands in the pockets of his coat. "You all got your positions?"
"Yes," Silver responded, standing before them on guard duty with Blaze close behind, her ears pricked attentively for any sign of movement. Amy looked around.
"uhm guys maybe I forgot but I don't remember us discussing th-"
she was cut off by Blaze 's bark of laughter, her tail wagging excitedly. "Oh come on Amy! We've been training since we were kids, we knew it would be just like this!"
Silver smiled at Amy warmly. "We're going to do a good job protecting everyone, you know."
Amy sighed, smiling back at him.
Amy felt a bit hurt, Were they discussing plans without her?  Of course she wasn't the leader or anything... but she thought that perhaps her friends might at least have given her a heads up about how things would work. She didn't want to get in their way or hold them back or anything... so why hadn't they said anything then? Had they forgotten about her? Amy summoned her hammer and looked at it her reflection  in its shiny surface. Did she really mean nothing to them anymore? That couldn't be true. There had been some sort of moment of mutual understanding and respect, but maybe it had happened too fast for her to catch onto...
She sighed, looking away from her hammer.
"You okay sweety?" a voice was heard as she looked around, the gang already left to go fight Eggman. Rouge was hanging up side down on a tree with Shadow growling beside her.
Rouge's eyes widened slightly, before she smiled sheepishly.
"I'm fine," she replied, moving herself over to stand up. Her eyes fell upon Amy, and she frowned a little, looking confused. "Hey, uh... did something happen? You look sad."
Amy shrugged. She hadn't meant to make such a face... and now she could feel tears well up in her eyes and start to spill over her eyelashes. She quickly wiped them away. "Sorry. It's silly, I just miss my friends."
Rouge blinked. "Your friends? The ones you were talking to in the shadows just a moment ago?"
Amy nodded.
"Oh wow," Rouge murmured, "that must have sucked. You must be pretty worried about them right now huh?"
Amy paused. She didn't really want to admit it, but when Rouge said it that way, it made her think about Sonic even more. But she'd be lying if she said she hadn't been worried about him.
"Oh...its the useless one" Shadow stops growling.
"Why did your friends abandon you?" he asked  suddenly. Amy looked at him surprised. "Didn't they trust you enough to let you help them?"
Rouge snorts. "Not really the best time to ask Amy," she says, "we need to focus on what our objective is."
Shadow grumbled and Rouge rolled her eyes.
"Well, whatever the reason I can see that the idea of abandoning someone you care about isn't a great one," she continued, "especially not someone who cares about you." She smiles at Amy, "And no one is going to abandon you, okay?"
Amy gave a small smile. Rouge always tried to reassure people... she really was such a sweetheart. "Thanks Rouge, that means a lot," she said.
"Don't mention it, sugarcup," she replies, before looking away. "Now, if anyone else asks who you were talking to say your self or an animal"
Rouge got off her tree and hugged Amy.
Shadow looked at Amy with cold eyes.
Shadow surprisingly hugged Amy.
"I know what it's like."
is all he said before him and Rouge ran off.
what did he mean by that?
is he comparing me to him? she thought.
she looked at her hammer once more and sighed.
"useless..." is all she could say