thirty-four - the boot(y call) room

thanks to sam in their latest match, richmond were only one win away from promotion back to the premier league

thanks to sam in their latest match, richmond were only one win away from promotion back to the premier league. he'd scored three goals in one match and rain had managed to catch every one of them on camera. 

she was chanting with the crowd as she clapped for the man. he had done phenomenally. 

"fuck yeah, sammy!" she screamed. 

the only problem plaguing her mind was that jamie still wasn't talking to her. he had been avoiding her ever since the funeral. every time the pair even had a chance to be alone he would immediately run off so she never got to tell him that she did in fact like him back. 

it was infuriating. 

rain left work after jamie had yet again rushed off to avoid her to see sam still in the car park. she knocked on the window. he rolled it down.

"hey sammy, you okay?"

he nodded, "yeah. i'm okay, raindrop."

she smiled, "wanna celebrate your hat trick?"

his face brightened, "with a bridget jones marathon?"

"and wine but don't tell roy," she finished. 

---

the movie night went ahead with just the two of them as skye was at a friends house. they were onto the second movie. 

"sam?" rain spoke up. he hummed. she grabbed the remote, pausing the movie. "i need to tell you something."

he frowned, "are you okay?"

she shook her head, "no." she took a deep breath as sam reached for her hand. "at rebecca's dad's funeral, jamie came to speak to me at the wake." she took another deep breath. "he told me he loved me and now he won't talk to me."

"oh, wow."

"yeah, that's one way to put it."

"do you love him back?" he asked. 

rain shrugged, "i don't know. i know i like him, like a lot but he won't stay in a room with me long enough for me to fucking tell him that. he literally runs when he sees me, he leaves behind a jamie-shaped dust cloud like a cartoon."

"we need to parent trap you," he suggested. 

"no. i think he'll let up eventually, i don't want to ambush him," she replied. "also can we like keep this between us? keeley and rebecca know but if it gets to roy he may kill him."

"my lips are sealed."

---

keeley was going to be featured in vanity fair's business issue as a powerful woman on the rise. and rebecca and rain were so excited for her. she was freaking out over it so the two women were trying to keep her as calm as possible, but it wasn't helping as they were freaking out too.