Chapter 02: Celebrity Crush

Soobin's p.o.v;

We were having our lunch in the cafeteria. Kai kept on talking about his sisters and their relationships. I was thinking ... .thinking how i don't have any family members except my father, we barely talk. He doesn't know anything about my life. He's just there fulfilling his responsibilities as a father. I don't wanna be like him when I grow up. I hate him. I bet he hates me too. I miss my mom. We used to talk a lot and because of her, me and my dad also had a better relationship. My mom cared about my feelings.

"Soobin,why aren't you eating?" Yeonjun questioned.

Kai paused and all of them were looking at me.

"Nothing. I'm just full"

"Soobin, i've got something for you" kai reached for his pocket and took something out. He placed it in front of me. "here"

It was a photocard of my favorite celebrity or maybe the only celebrity I like.

"Woah! where did you get it from?" I asked.

"Actually there was a giveaway"

"How did I not know about this, also this is the limited addition and a new arrival"

"I don't know but I know one thing for sure I don't miss anything, I'm up to date."

"How many did you get?" I questioned.

"that's the only one" kai replied

"wai-" "No worries, I know he's your comfort celebrity besides he's not my favorite haha" Kai interrupted.

"thanks" I thanked him.

"That's cringe not gonna lie" Yeonjun jumped in the conversation.

"Be nice." Beomgyu glared at him.

Kai is the kindest of all. He's nice and he is kinda my anime mate. We both love anime and we watched anime together many times.

"By the way, I also got three online tickets for their meet and greet. It was part of that giveaway only few people won and they got the chance to see them and they can bring their two friends along with them. I can't go so I'm gonna send them to you." Kai stated.

"Anybody wants to join?" I asked the rest of them.

"There's no way, they're cringe" Yeonjun looked at Kai disgusted.

"I have to tutor Beomgyu and also study" Terry raised his hands in defense.

"Sorry bro" Beomgyu apologized.

"Then I won't go either." I hate going out alone and I'm so bad at insisting.

"OK fine i'll accompany" yeonjun gave in.

"If Yeonjun hyung is in, then i'm also coming" Kai expressed excitedly

"Pathetic" Beomgyu gasped

"The switch up" I scoffed in disbelief

"Y'all weird" Yeonjun picked his lunch tray and stood up.

..............................................................

Yeonjun's p.o.v;

It's weird, the air feels weird, everything gets weird and I get awkward. There's always an awkward silence when me and Soobin are alone. All five of us spend most of the time hanging out after school together but Beomgyu and Terry had to leave early to study together. Kai's sister suddenly decided to go out with him to buy clothes. And then me and Soobin were left alone, so we decided to get home early. We are walking home together and I don't know why I feel awkward. It has been years since our friendship, yet I feel strange.

"I'm hungry" I broke the silence.

"ok?"

"How rude?" ouch....

"Just giving the same energy back that you always give me."

That's true though. I feel bad but I don't know how to fix it.

"Anyways.....have you tried the new local restaurant?"

"No"

I'm tasting my own medicine and it's not so tasty.

"I heard their ramen is quite delicious" I lied "Let's try it out together. I hate trying new things alone and I'll pay" I made a deal.

"If you say so..." Soobin, holding his smile.

..............................................................

"That's sooo good" Soobin's bunny eyes were sparkling. I was relieved that he was eating well and I'm glad he looked pleased.

I knew exactly what to order to make him eat well. Indeed he liked what I ordered. I know Soobin didn't have his breakfast. During lunch he was busy overthinking, he's always overthinking until his attention got on kai's bizarre anime talk. I can see he barely eats nowadays and he's losing weight. He got better after some months after his mother's death and he was healing but I don't know why he's falling into that rabbit hole once again.

..................................................................................

Soobin's p.o.v;

The food was very good, I couldn't stop eating.

"You are barely eating," said confused.

Yeonjun chuckled and suddenly wiped the corner of my mouth with his thumb.

I froze and I could feel butterflies roaming in my stomach.

He looked at his thumb and then me, his smile dropped and now we are both just staring at each other. My heart was throbbing constantly.

And once again, we were left in an awkward silence.

..............................................................................

A/N: Thank you so much for reading guys .