oneshot.

The sky was pouring. A light fog covered the streets of Hidari Wakibara. The day was perfect. Perfect for what you might ask? Perfect for staying home, alone.

'That's right. Today is saturday which means there's no school and no annoying friends to bother me. I plan to spend the day doing nothing but laying in bed and eating coffee jelly.'

Saiki laid in a stargazer position and sighed as he let his body relax.

Just then, the doorbell rang and Saiki's mom could be heard calling for him to answer it.

'Good grief, what now?'

When Saiki opens the front door he is met with a familiar face.

Touma Akechi.

"Good evening Kusuo! I'm sorry to drop by unannounced, though i do seem to be coming here uninvited more often so it's probably not a surprise for you especially since you're a psychic and probably already saw me coming here. Now you're probably wondering why I came here. The truth is there wasn't anything for me to do so I thought what better way to spend the day than to go visit my favorite esper friend, Kusuo!

'Great, now my plans are ruined. What does the universe have against me?'

Saiki let's Akechi come inside. He takes his shoes off, leaves them by the door, and follows Saiki to his room.

"It's a saturday and yet I assume you were planning to stay at home doing nothing and letting the day go to waste. You're always wanting to be left alone, you know, it's not good to want to be so isolated, Kusuo. Though I suppose staying at home would be the best option for a day like today. It's raining really hard out there! What's that phrase people say? Oh yes, it's raining cats and dogs. But obviously it's not actually raining cats and dogs, that would be impossible! Well I guess not impossible considering you can-"

Saiki cuts him off, "what do you want to do while you're here", he projects nonchalantly

"Oh right! I was ranting again wasn't I? My apologies. Let's see.. I brought a book we can both read?"

'You came all this way just to read a book? How boring.'

"You're right, that is a little unexciting," the talkative boy admits.

Suddenly the pink haired boy gets an idea. 'There's a movie that's been getting popular recently.'

And with that, the two friends are sitting on the floor in front of the tv, waiting for the movie to start.

The movie starts off by introducing the main character, a beautiful young girl who is loved by everyone. Then, it's revealed that there is a young man who thinks that they belong together and he is willing to do whatever it takes to help her realize it too.

25 minutes into the film, and Saiki's already bored. He decides to listen to his friends' thoughts.

'Oh how exciting! I'm watching a movie with Kusuo! Though the movie in question is quite bad. All the characters are poorly written and It's obvious the protagonist is a Mary sue. We're just 24 minutes and 45 seconds into the movie and I can already tell what's going to happen. The dude is gonna be all creepy and stalks her to find out her interests and make it seem like they have so much in common. They go on dates and get along. Next, he kills her best friend because it's obvious he likes her. Miss Mary Sue is gonna catch him in the act and is gonna be upset for maybe 10 minutes before she realizes that the reason the guy committed multiple crimes was to make her his and she's gonna think it's romantic. She falls in love with him and the boy has succeeded in getting her to think they belong together even though he literally murders her best friend to do so. The story has no morality whatsoever and it makes no sense. Very poorly written, I will be leaving a review. Anyway I'm getting pretty hungry, I want something sweet.'

'What's so exciting about watching a movie with me? But I must agree, the movie so far is horrible. How in the world did it become so popular? And I am not offering-'

The psychic's thoughts are interrupted by the other boy's voice. "Kusuo, I'm hungry. Do you have any cake?"

...

Now the two are enjoying their cake and coffee jelly while the movie continues to play. Akechi is rambling about something but Saiki isn't paying any attention to him because he's too busy enjoying his favorite sweet. He feels like he's in heaven.

WSaiki finished his coffee jelly before Akechi. When he set his plate down and looked up at the blonde, he noticed that he had a bit of frosting on his lips. He didn't seem to be aware of it.

The pink haired boy leaned closer to the blonde's face and wiped off the frosting with his thumb. This caused Akechi's cheeks to turn a light pink color. Suddenly his thoughts were rapid. He couldn't tell what he was thinking. The only things he could make out were Kusuo, oh my god, and "am I dreaming?"

He doesn't know what it means. But, There is something that Saiki does know now though.

...

Eventually, Akechi continues eating his cake. Saiki sits there with a feeling of basorexia.

Basorexia: The strong urge to kiss someone.

The movie is almost done. Both boys are now finished with their sweets and are sitting right next to each other. So far, everything Akechi predicted was correct.

Saiki suddenly feels something on his shoulder. Akechi had fallen asleep.

'No wonder. That movie was boring.' Saiki looked down at Akechi— or more specifically, his lips.

He sat like that until he realized the movie had ended. 'I should probably get him onto the bed.'

Saiki levitated Akechi and placed him on the bed facing him. He moved a few hairs from his face before looking around.

'Now, what am I gonna do?'

Saiki noticed the book Akechi had brought with him. 'He wouldn't mind if I read it a bit.' He picked it up and started reading it. It was actually quite interesting. Much better than the movie. Every so often he would look up to see Akechi still peacefully sleeping.

There was something he wanted to do. 'But, I can't. It's weird and really out of character for me...What if I just..' Saiki gets up from the floor and walks over to his bed. 'I can't believe I'm actually doing this.'

He leans over Akechi's face and leaves a kiss on his forehead.

'You didn't think I was actually gonna kiss his mouth did you?'

Suddenly the floor swings open, "Kusuo! Sorry to bother you, but I could use some help with something!" Saiki's mom looked over to see Akechi sleeping on her son's bed and Saiki quietly reading a book beside him. 'Okay, give me a second.'

Saiki gets up and puts the book away. Then he walks over to help his mom.

'Phew..that was close.'

Back in Saiki's room, Akechi soundly laid in his friend's bed.

His face was red and he had a small smile on his face.

He just wished that next time he came over, it would be his lips instead of his forehead that would get kissed.

- - - -

author here! this story was really rushed and it's probably full of mistakes so I apologize. I know the story is going at a fast pace and saiki and akechi are out of character (or atleast saiki is) so sorry about that too. Sorry about any grammatical errors. Please let me know what you think of my writing and give tips and suggestions. Thank you and have a great day!
(this story will also be published on ao3 so if you see it let me know!)