𝐯𝐢𝐢. old friends

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄─── ・ 。゚⟡ 𑁍 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───જ⁀➴   𝙾𝙻𝙳 FRIENDS   𖥔 ݁ ˖ ❫

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄
─── ・ 。゚⟡ 𑁍 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───
  𝙾𝙻𝙳 FRIENDS   𖥔 ݁ ˖

IT WAS SILENT as Aaliyah sat in the living room, having a bit of time to spare before needing to leave the house. She was on her phone with a pout that she didn't mean to have, but was too interested in whatever it was on her phone to be aware of her facial expressions.

"Liyah," Her mother walked in, pulling her daughter's attention away from her phone and onto her.

"Yes?" She looked up at her mother, phone down and closed with her knee up to her chest.

"Who's driving you to the movies?"

"Oh, Val, she should be here in a bit," She gave her mother a nod with a small smile, looking at her mother with the purest love.

"Are you okay?" Her mother asked in concern, a feeling in her gut telling her something was up. Mother's intuition, as people call it. It was true, mom's always knew something was up, and whether or not their child complies with telling them what it was is a different story.

Aaliyah nodded and hummed, "I'm okay," She assured, however Aaliyah knew it would take more than that to convince her. She was raised by her after all, "Trust me."

"Okay..." She skeptically said, eyeing her as she looked for any signs or hints that could give what was wrong away, "but if something is actually up?"

"I know, mama," She giggled, feeling the guilt eat her up inside. She was never one to be close with her mom, that was Julianna's thing. If it was not obvious already, Aaliyah doesn't tell anyone anything; she's more of a listener, and she doesn't mind it. She has her moments to talk, though, like everyone else. When she really needs a breather, she isn't afraid to speak her mind of the silliest of things.

Her phone buzzed, and she didn't need to check it to know it was Valeria, "That's her. I'll be home in a bit, okay?" She placed a kiss on her mom's temple.

"Text me when you get there!" Her mother reminded. It was something she always said before her daughter left, it was reassurance that she was safe.

"Hi babe," Valeria said as she unlocked her car. Nicknames such as 'Babe' weren't uncommon. They called each other those from time to time, but was definitely not uncommon.

"Hi, lovely," Aaliyah smiled and got in the car, "You look so good!" She exclaimed, being truthful as she gaped at her for a good few seconds.