I Failed

"I will destroy, not only Konoha and its corrupt system, but every land in this forsaken island." He whispered in her ear while holding her in a tight embrace, if it weren't for the context and those words, Naruto would've thought of it as romantic, but that's not the case.

"And when the time comes, I will get you, and there will be no escape."

---

"She's waking up!" Naruto hears rushed noises around her. She struggles to open her eyes as the brightness is causing her a headache.

Once her eyes were able to adjust, the first thing that she saw was the beautiful pink hair that she loved so much.

"I'm so glad you're alive." It sounded like she was crying. Naruto still couldn't see Sakuras face since the girl had her face pointing down.

More sniffing comes from her as she continues to speak; "I should've never begged you to bring back Sasuke...y-you were almost dead when Kakashi brought you here. I... I'm so sorry!" Naruto grabs her hand.

"Hey, I still would've done what I did, even if you didn't beg me." That didn't stop Sakura from crying, but it did calm her down a little.

---

The last couple of days were uneventful. Naruto was on strict bedrest. She wasn't allowed to move unless it was going to do her business, you know what I mean.

Today, however, Naruto woke up to yelling outside of the room she was staying in.

"You can't do that. She's still recovering!" That was Sakura.

"Listen here, pinky. I don't care if that monster is even alive. We are here to carry out the orders given to us. Now, back of." The door bursts open, and some shinobi come in.

This isn't going to end well.

---

She was right.

Standing in front of the gates, with all her things in a traveling backpack. What was she gonna do now? Where was she gonna go?

Her thoughts were cut as she felt a hand ruffle her hair.

"What's the long face for?"

"Pervy sage? What are you doing here?"

"You think I'm gonna stay here now that they kicked you out?" He says in a cheery tone. She noticed that he had his luggage ready with him.

Once they exited through the gate, Naruto had one question to ask.

"Where are we gonna go?"

"I know a place."

---

"We're leaving the island? You couldn't tell me that before, I don't  know, HALF WAY THROUGH!!!" As if was trying to get a rise out of her, after days of traveling, that damn sage hasn't spoken a word since they left the gates.

"It's not like I could just say where we are going. This place isn't in the maps, and the people here would like to keep it that way!" Jiraiya yelled back.

"You mean a big boat at the edge of the island with a stand selling -  what even are these things?" She points at the display.

"U-uh... these here are smartphones... a-and there's a lot you can do with them..." The poor salesman that has just stood there while they fought, shaking, explained what each device on the display was for.

---

Naruto fiddled with the smartphone that Jiraiya bought. These 'apps' things kept her entertained.

"And that is how you can make cold fire. Follow for more content like this."

"So you're learning something for a new jutsu?"

Not a word from her.

"You haven't spoken a word since you woke up in the hospital."

Ignoring him was the best option for now.

"Kit?"

Not a word.

"Kit! Say something!"

Why? Why should a no-good bone-head like her say anything!?

Looks like her silence worked. He stopped talking to her.

---

"And you know what's even better? They have all the ramen that was discontinued in Konoha." Jiraiya says as unlocks the door of their new house.

"And I'm going to try them ALL! Believe it!"

Jiraiya only patted her on the back, falling for her fake optimism.