𝟏𝟑, 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

CHAPTER 13
.ೃ*:

The twos nap was short lived to Jack bursting in wanting to ask Luke if he had spare toothpaste. Which ended with startling the two awake. "Sorry!" He apologized while Luke looked he was on the verge of loosing his shit. "It's fine" he grumbled as Jack eyes flickered to the girl who was rubbing her tired eyes.

He had a small smile knowing that they have finally confessed to each other, and would have not to deal with the constant flirting and tension that occurred when the two were in proximity.

"Do you want to go to my house?" She asked with her voice still groggy. "No it's fine" he rubbed his face as she frowned a bit at him. "You sure?" She asked as his head nodded. "Yeah. I just wanna go back to sleep" he yawned a bit as she nodded her head.  

"Okay" she had a small smile. Lukes arms wrapped around her waist as his head rested gently on her stomach. She toyed with his light brown curls that rested on top of his as she watched his eyes flutter close.

Delilahs mind had a lingering question. Were they officially boyfriend and girlfriend? Or what? She knew Luke was tired, and didn't want to disturb his peaceful state. But she couldn't help the question that somehow wouldn't leave her mind.

And it was driving her near insane. Not knowing the answer to it. Obviously she knew Luke wouldn't blow her off. Well hopefully. Her eyelids soon felt heavier and heavier by the minute, and soon fell asleep like Luke.

The two slept for a while. She wasn't quite sure the exact time they fell asleep but by the time both were awake it was nearing three. "That was the best nap ever" she yawned while stretching out her arms. "Right" he rubbed his eyes as he listened for noise , but the house was quiet.

"Everyone must be gone" Luke assumed as Delilah looked relieved. "Good" she laughed a bit as he laughed too. "I was so mad at Jack for waking us up" Luke complained as she looked to him. "It's okay. At least we fell asleep again" She added as his head nodded a bit.

Her mind still had the lingering question, and she couldn't seem to shake it. Luke glanced to her and could tell she was thinking about something.

"Whats wrong?" He asked concerned as glanced to him. "Nothing" she answered simply not wanting to ruin the blissful moment. "Ive known you for my whole life. Whats wrong?" He was persistent about that she should discuss her problems. She chewed on her lip debating whether to tell him or not.

"It's nothing" she assured him as he furrowed his eyebrows. "Okay" he replied unsure as she already regretted not bringing it up to him. It was Luke of course he wouldn't have been an asshole about it.

Lukes curiosity did halt but he still wondered what had been on the girls mind mind. A yawn left her lips as she felt her stomach rumble, "you hungry?" Luke asked her while she laughed a bit.

"Very" she answered while reaching for her phone. Luke stood up as Delilah mirrored his actions while following him out of the room.

It felt like a relief to know they were alone, and nobody was around to made snide remarks. Or tease them like Jack and Quinn. She knew they meant no harm, but after a while it became draining. Not just for her but also Luke.

She decided on some simple pasta, and Luke sat back as she cooked it. "Do you seriously not know how to cook pasta?" She asked him as his cheeks grew red from embarrassment. "No i know how" he defended as her eyebrow quirked up. Her face flashed with an incredulous look as he avoided her eyes.

She placed the bowl in front of him and sat down next to the boy at the island. "Thanks" he thanked her while pressing a kiss to her head. "You're welcome" she let out a soft laugh as he smiled at her.

He admired her as she sent a quick text back to Azalea as he smiled softly at her. He could never get tired of her.

.ೃ*:
AUTHORS NOTE:
They are so cute. Im so jealous its so sad. Anyways i might have stalked local hockey teams rosters near me 🤫. But they werent really cute so im bummed but its okay 🫠. Anyways love you all and thanks for reading!

word count: 760