:::prologue:::

©
Nobody was in the street.

It was quiet. Too quiet. For a big street like this, children should be at least taking full advantage of it.

But it seemed that nobody had children. Or allowed their children out.

There were no posters, no creativity, no nothing. Almost like this was a desert town.

Even the houses had blacked out their windows, maybe they had tinted it but it was practically impossible to see inside.

I had already knocked on the door twice. Nobody seemed to answer. It seemed like nobody was answering their door. Like, it was banned or something like that.

Sighing, I turned away from the door and was about to go down the stairs when I heard the door open a tiny bit.

"Psst."

At first I didn't hear it, but then it came louder than the first time.

"Psst!"

I turned back to the door and saw a little boy, stretching his hand out of the door but not daring to step out. Was he afraid of something?

"Come quickly inside! If they catch you, who knows what they will do?"

Quickly deliberating in my head, I shook off all reasons of staying outside. Nobody seemed to be there anyways. Better safe inside than alone of empty streets.

I took his hand as he gave me a quick tug, which made me fall down into the house but he shut the door as quickly as the encounter took place.