Chapter 9 : Kiss

Kyoka POV

That's what happened.

Demons slaughtered my family.

My village.

Everything.

Worst of all: An upper moon killed my brother.

"Damn you Akaza!" I screamed at the top of my lungs not caring that anybody was in the room.

Wait.

Wasn't I on the ground when I blacked out?

What the hell has happened since then?

I glanced up and noticed Muzan towering over me.

He sat by my bedside and sighed. "I had a feeling this would happen." He said, turning towards me. I immediately stopped crying and stared at him.

What the hell does he mean by that!?

I shifted in my bed and felt a sharp pain in my chest. I looked down and noticed the bandages that started from my collarbone and ended at my waist.

Damn, what happened?

At least they did a good job covering me up in bandages, I'd be so dead if they only bandaged the cuts.

"Muzan, what happened?" I asked, scooting closer towards him. "He dealt a few scratches on you and nothing else, other than you blacking out." He replied in a calm but firm tone.

I felt Muzan's arms wrap around my body and pull me close.

Too close.

His face was so close to mine that I began to panic.

When he kissed me though- everything disappeared.

All my fear, all my doubt, all my pain.

Everything.

I flung my arms around his neck, and I found myself kissing him back.

It was like heaven had come down to this hell of a nightmare.

When he finally pulled away though- reality came flooding back in.

I was still trapped.

I was still hurt.

The fear of death still loomed in my head.

I wanted that sense of relief again.

I wanted to feel like nobody else existed except for Muzan.

What the-

Did I seriously think that!?

No flipping way I just made out with THE DEMON KING.

HOLY CRAP if Tanjiro found out he would KILL me.

Wait.

Tanjiro isn't here and how could he find out?

Well, that solves the problem of him killing me.

This has got to be some stupid blood demon art or else I wouldn't be like this.

Right?

I looked up and noticed Muzan was staring at the floor, his face wasn't the pale color it normally was but instead, it was...

BRIGHT RED!?

HOLY CRAP I just made THE DEMON KING blush!?

Muzan POV

What is this feeling?

My face felt hot, and I couldn't bring myself to look at Kyoka.

Kyoka.

Her lips had tasted like the sweetest and purest of blood.

Her scent was overwhelming.

The best thing of all?

She hadn't cared that I had kissed her.

She went along with it.

As if she was begging for it.

"We should be going," I told her. I watched her reach down for the kimono that I had Nakime get. I watched as she carefully put it on while still in the bed, she was careful to keep the blanket up until she suddenly stopped.

"Um...uh could you... um wait for me outside?" she asked quietly. I nodded and turned to leave.

Kyoka POV

Once he had shut the door, I dropped the blanket. Keeping it up and changing was a challenge. I quickly began unraveling the bandages and grabbed the salve that Urokodaki had given Tanjiro and me. The stinging immediately stopped, and I applied bandages to the cuts specifically.

The kimono was stunning. The silk was so smooth and the red cherry blossoms against the black base color were beautiful.

I stepped outside and found Muzan leaning against the wall.

"I'm ready!" I said, trying to sound as happy as possible. As I walked towards him, I tripped.

I had completely forgotten I had been stabbed in the legs.

How the hell did you forget something like that!?

Muzan scooped me up into his arms and told me to close my eyes.

Just as before, a biwa was struck and I heard the walls around me shift.

When I heard everything stop, I opened my eyes and saw 6 demons before me.