Part Two

"Vasily! Be careful!" Dazai yelled.

Giggling, Vasily said: "No!" And, he continued running around the living room.

"He's just like you," Fyodor laughed, "You were exactly like that when we were little."

Dazai pouted. He would have protested if Fyodor was wrong but he wasn't. Vasily had the same energy he had when he was little, that much was obvious from the fact that Vasily constantly ran around the house causing trouble. He even played minor pranks on his parents—Vasily definitely inherited Dazai's playfulness.

Fyodor wrapped his arms around Dazai. He released calming pheromones and began kissing Dazai's claim bite. Fyodor used this technique more often than not because their son was a handful.

"Vasily, are you hungry?" Fyodor asked.

Vasily stopped running around only to jump up and down. "I am! I am! Daddy isn't making food, right? You did, Dad, right? Right?"

Fyodor laughed and Dazai sulked. He knew he was terrible at cooking but to think his own son would call him out on it. Well, he knew it was going to happen at some point. He just didn't realize it would be so soon.

"Yes, yes, don't worry," Fyodor said.

Albeit, Fyodor wasn't a wonderful cook either. He knew the basics and that was it. At least Fyodor's food was edible; Dazai's food never was.

"Yay! Yay! Yay!" Vasily screamed before running toward the dinner table; his parents following him.

Fyodor placed plates filled with blini on it. Dazai and Vasily had the more sweet style of blini while Fyodor had a more savory style.

"Yay! Yay! Yay! Breakfast for dinner! Breakfast for dinner!" Vasily giggled.

The young child didn't wait a second to begin eating but Fyodor abruptly stopped him.

"Vasily, we need to say grace first," Fyodor said.

Pouting, Vasily said: "Okay."

He never liked saying grace and truthfully, Dazai didn't either. But, Fyodor was religious and he wanted to raise Vasily just the same.

Fyodor clasped his hands together, Dazai and Vasily doing the same, and he began their prayer: "Dear Lord, thank you for this food we are about to eat. We are grateful for your provision. We ask that you bless this food and continue to guide our family along your path. In the name of your son, Jesus, amen."

Immediately after, Vasily began munching on his food—Fyodor shook his head and sighed, Vasily truly was a handful.

Still, he was a Dostoevsky. Vasily's amethyst eyes signified that he was a true descendant of Fyodor's family. Although, Vasily inherited Dazai's curly brown locks; his hair would bounce every time he moved. It was utterly adorable!

Dazai slightly leaned back to take in the view of his family. His heart ached for some reason. This is what he wanted—that is what he told himself.

He loved his child, and he loved his husband. He did, he really did. So, Dazai didn't understand why his heart ached at the most random of times. This family dinner was supposed to be happy yet the feeling of sadness overtook him. Dazai couldn't understand and he most certainly couldn't understand his own emotions.

"Osamu? Are you okay?" Fyodor asked.

Smiling, Dazai said, "Yes, of course!"

---------------------

thank you so much for reading!

as always, thank you for all votes, comments, and saves!

- cecilia

ps. this is the first of like 20 wips that i'm trying to finish by the end of next year!! :D