T h i r t y - t w o

12th April 2021

El's POV

Finn called me the other day and asked whether I could go on the rest of the tour and be with Billie. At first I wasn't sure. I mean it's rare to have months off at one time especially in the fire department but then I thought I am the chief's favourite. Maybe that's because if she asks me to come in I'll always agree. So it's definitely worth a try.

I'm currently on my way to the station. Granted I don't have work today but I thought if the chief is hesitant with giving me the time off I could offer to work today and the the next two weeks on the days I have off.

I told Billie I had to run some errands so she won't call me for the next couple of hours which is hard enough as it is. I walked into the lobby and a couple members of the team gave me funny look asking what I'm doing here so I made small talk while telling them I was going to see the chief.

I walked into the corridor standing a couple of steps outside the office and took a couple of deep breaths before knocking and waiting for an answer.

"Come in" as I start opening the door she carried on talking "I don't know what is is but can you make it quick I- oh Eleanor come in come in" she said slightly changing her tone as soon as she realised it was me. This is always how it's been and if Sam was here right now she would make a comment about how it was because me and the chief fucked ages ago and she still has feelings for me but I don't even think thats the case.

"I was wondering if I'm able to use my days off" I said sitting down in the chair opposite her.

"Sure from when to when" she asked tapping on her computer pulling up the schedule. This is easier than I thought. I pulled out my phone and looked through the text that Finn sent me "from tomorrow to September 16th?" She looked up from her computer like I was joking.

"Look Eleanor, can I call you El? I'm gonna call you El" she answered her own question before taking a breath "you simply don't have that amount of holidays to use. Plus what if someone is sick or someone is on holidays the staff will go down lower and lower." She explain with a sad expression on her face.

"Please I'll do anything. It's just really important. Whenever I'm in the state I can come in and do-"

"Kiss me" huh? What does she think this is. I've only kissed her once and that was just after me and Billie broke up. So basically I went to the bar and hooked up with her to later find out she's my boss. Maybe sam is right. Maybe she does have a crush on me.

"I umm I don't understand" I said trying not to stutter from how uncomfortable I'm feeling

"If you really want the months off, kiss me" she said getting up walking over to my side of the desk before standing behind me kissing up my neck to my ear "it's okay baby no one has to know" she whispered and I got chills down my spine.

She put her two fingers under my chin and moved it slightly so we are making eye contact "how bad do you want the-" the knock on the door interrupted her. Thank fuck. She pulled away and smoothed down her uniform before motioning for me to open the door and let anyone in on the way out.

"Think about it" she spoke as I opened the door letting sean into the office before leaving. What the fuck is going on.

I went back home and laid on the sofa with shark on my chest and watched billies fans edits realising how much I miss her. Since she's been back in my life I've been so much happier.

Just as an edit finished Billie started FaceTiming me. What a coincidence. I answered and as soon as shark heard his mamas voice he started going insane which wasn't the best since he was trodding all over my stomach.