Nicholas Armstrong

Nicholas Armstrong, a very well known, and well loved hockey player. Famous for his talent in the sport, and known for being his team's "saving grace". They were originally the worst in the league. None of them had the skill, nor motivation, so when the coach saw his speed and intelligent plays at tryouts, he was accepted into the team almost immediately. Ever since then, the team has been so much better. They've managed to bump their ranking up from the bottom of the chart, all the way to 2nd in the league. How he managed to become such a prodigy in the sport? Let's look at his background.

He grew up in Houston Texas where he originally loved to play basketball. He had a passion for it. However, when he was 13 years old, an accident occured in the building he played in, causing that building to be unavailable for anyone. The league couldn't find a new location in time for the season, and he was devastated. He loved sports. He loved being out on the court where he could run around and move. So he and his dad looked at other teams and upcoming tryouts. There was an organization that was basically just something where kids could walk in and play hockey together, yet it was still supervised by a coach. They agreed that he would try that out for a little bit and see how he liked it, and boy did he find it exhilarating. The cool atmosphere of the rink, and the crisp smell of fresh ice filling his nose was a sensation that he never knew he needed until he got it.

Infact, he was so good that the coach pulled his father aside to talk.

"Your kid has some serious potential." The coach said

"You think?" The man asked.

"I think he could genuinely make it into the NHL if he put his mind to it." The coach answered, not an ounce of doubt on his face. "You know, I have a friend who coaches a team for this program that I happen to know a bit about. And they're serious about what they do. Games, tournaments, and this team has always been very successful. I think Nick has a great chance of getting in."

"Oh god, I don't know..."

"Think about it, talk with him and come see me next week," the man said.

And that conversation is what started everything. Nick was ecstatic when he heard about this opportunity. He had completely forgotten his passion for basketball, and hockey became his new sport. His new passion.

From then on, he gained more and more relevance. His name was known amongst the whole city. He was given the Nickname "fireball" because of his wicked shots. As he got older, he was given more and more infamous nicknames, more of his shots gained names, more people cheered when his name was announced before a game, and soon enough, he was talking to his coaches about getting drafted for the NHL.

He's a very successful, and famous man, but there was one man who was better. One man who was faster, more famous, more talented, one man who was always one step ahead of him.

One single rival.
_____________________________________________

544 words

Be prepared for horrible hockey representation because I haven't been on a team on YEARS but lol

I'm excited for this one >:)...

A NEW ERA IS BEGINNING