The Rival

Clay Dream. That's what he was known as. There were always rumors about him.

Clay Dream's last name isn't actually Dream?

Clay Dream was seen on a date with a fan?

Clay Dream's full name is actually Clayton!

There were always stupid rumors about him. But those weren't what he was known for. He was known for his charm. He was known for the hours of training he does on the daily, for the smile he gives whenever he's being interviewed. He was known for his aggression on the rink, and how he never hesitates to hit back if the other team attacks. Known for his looks. Known for his famous relationship with his father who just so happened to be one of his coaches. How his name is always cheered the most at games. Known for his speed, elegance, skill, talent.

He was everything Nicholas Armstrong was, but just ever so slightly better. He had everything Armstrong had, just at a slightly higher level.

That's why he was his rival. That's why Nick's only goal before trying out for the NHL was to play against him. He wanted to beat the one man who was deemed impossible to defeat. Wanted to see him in action. And if he partially wanted to see if he was actually that attractive in person, why would that be anyone's concern? He can't "love" someone he's never met. He just doesn't get all the hype.
_____________________________________________

224 words

Rlly short chapters but mark my words the next chapters will be LONG and INTERESTING >:)