Prologue

Two years ago.....

"Go hide, Elena!" my mother said. My father must have lost his client again because he was drunk all over again and was hitting my mom again, ever since the new mafia gang came to town we have been hitting rock bottom.People always said that when you finally hit rock bottom the only place to go is up, they were so terribly wrong.

Before we hit rock bottom I always knew my father abused my mother physically because even with all her fancy makeup one could always see the bruises, but since I was blinded by the love I have for my father I became oblivious to his toxic traits. When we hit rock bottom my father eventually started drinking every night and with every night he drank he would hit her mercilessly and sexually assault her once he was satisfied with the results of hitting her.

I honestly owe my mother the world because my father would always attempt to hit us too, but even though he already hit her she would offer herself again. "Open the fucking door, Tessa!" my father scram while banging on my room door, today my sixteen year old brother, Phoenix and I refuse to let our father rape and hit our mother and with every passing minute my father, Rob was getting angrier.

I really thought that since today was my fourteenth birthday my father would truly spare us the drama, but that is the dumbest fucking lie I have told myself because every night is a chance for drama in our house.

After banging the door numerous times the door finally opened and all our faces were filled with fear when we saw....... a gun in his hand. No I thought I won't let my brother and mother die so I decided to do of one dumbest thing and spite his anger, currently laced on his red steamed face.

"Hey asshole over here shoot me" I said with tears welling my eyes. Both my brother and mother turned to me with a face of disbelief but that didn't last long because my mother stood in front and said "hell fucking no you won't if you really want to commit a murder shoot me."

This only angered my father even further but when I heard him start to pull the trigger I carefully ducked and stood in front of my mother before my brother could interfere. He pulled the trigger and it hit me, I fell to the ground with a loud thump while my father fled the scene and my mother and Phoenix started to cry for help.

Even though I brought this upon myself I couldn't believe this was when and how I was going to die; I couldn't believe I was going to die on my fourteenth birthday because of a trigger my own father pulled.

By the time I heard sirens on my street everything had turned dark and I shut my eyes and with a week voice I said "sorry mom."

                                                           *-*
6 months later

When I finally woke up I found my mother beside me with baggy eyes while she looked like she was a fifty year old when she was only thirtry five which caused me to panic because what if she was fifty and I was in a coma for fifteen fucking years.

I quickly sat up straight which was bad idea by the way because my whole body was in pain, but even with all the pain I said "for how long have I been in a coma mom" I said with tears flowing down my cheeks."Six months" she said with a sad smile, at least it was six months I told myself but my whole heart, body and soul had only hatred for my father after all he took six months of my life away from me.

As my mother and I were hugging Phoenix got into the room with a speed I didn't know was possible which made me smile but oh no he was with........ Ethan, his best friend. From what my mother told me our father fled the scene before the police arrived and considering who he is they wouldn't arrest him so once I got stable we moved to Los Angeles leaving my father in Mexico.