Sense and Insensitivity

King was attempting to promote snacks, despite the fact that they were an 8 ball, a Santa Pez, and a disgusting hot dog.

"Partake of my free snack samples! Take them. I demand it as your ruler, the King of Demons."

However, no one was paying attention. Eda was wearing sunglasses and had her hands behind her back. In frustration, he threw down the snacks.

"Why isn't anyone paying attention to me? I'm their rightful overlord. Intellectually and such," he grumbled as he sat down.

Bijou was sleeping on a nearby chair after not getting enough sleep the night before. Hazel is munching on a carrot.

"Yeah..." Eda sat up as she noticed a Hexside student walking by. "Hey!"

She took his cowl and lifted him up, sniffing his clothes. "It reeks more of nerd than money today."

"Guys!" exclaimed an excited Luz, waking Bijou up. "You will not believe what's going on!"

She led them to a room with tables and shelves full of books. "It's a book fair! Where books come to life."

One of them landed on the floor. "Hello."

She screamed and kicked it away.

"Well, you are right at the 'books coming to life'," Hazel said, finishing his carrot.

"A fair without rides?" King questioned.

A young man with backpacks approached him.

"Who needs rides when this can take you anywhere?" He pushed the book against King's cheek. He then threw bacon at the boy, who was whisked away by a large flying creature. Eda took a book.

"A, ew," she said as she tossed it to the ground. "B, I'm bored. C, I feel like pickpocketing some dork while they browse."

She then walked away, and Bijou rolled her eyes at her.

"No, wait," Luz pleaded, but Eda ignored her.

"Let her go, Luz," Hazel told her. "If Eda says she's not interested, she means it."

"Will you give it a chance?" she inquired of King. "I'll let you ride in my hoodie."

"Ooh!" King exclaimed eagerly, and Bijou rubbed her chin. She might as well find more books about wild magic and the history of the Boiling Isles.

Luz inquired of Bijou and Hazel, "Are you two coming?"

"Sure." "Why not?" nodded Bijou and Hazel.

"This book fair's got everything," Luz said as they walked around, passing a reviewnicorn, a ghost writer, and comics that would literally attack people. "A zine-making workshop. Meet and greets. And...what's that?"

They noticed a banner advertising a writing competition. "A writing competition?"

A three-eyed lizard and a witch author were the two people at the stand.

"Oh yeah, didn't you tell me about this before, Bijou?" Hazel turned to her and asked.

"I did. It's a contest in which participants get to write their own pieces of literature and the person with most creative literary piece wins," Bijou replied.

"I've always wanted to be a writer," Luz exclaimed.

"Writer? What? I thought you wanted to be a witch," King asked, perplexed.

"Of course I wanna be a witch. But where I'm from, that's kinda... impossible."

"More like unrealistic to others than impossible," Bijou chimed in while rubbing her eyes.