Prologue

"Hey, Jackie, do you know if Lucy's on her way she isn't answering any of my texts or calls?" I looked over at her.
"No, I'm not sure, she hasn't said anything" She looked over. "It's getting late, I wonder if she's going to make it."
I feel a tap on my shoulder. Me and Jackie turned around. "Hey, Uncle Richard, is everything okay?"
"Can I speak with you girls?" He looked at us worryingly. "Private?"
    "Of course" Me and Jackie both said while we walked somewhere private.
    "What's wrong?" I looked at him.
    "I don't know how to say this but your sister or parents aren't going to be able to make it"
    "Did something come up?" I was confused. Why would they miss something that means so much to me?
    "No..." He gave me and Jackie a hug. What is going on? "They got in a car crash while coming and they didn't make it."
    "What..." Tears started rolling down my face. "Tell me you're lying."
    "I'm so sorry," Uncle Richard had tears running down.
    "Oh my gosh," Jackie said bawling her eyes out.  "This cannot be happening."
    "You guys will have to go to colorado first thing in the morning tomorrow," He looked at us.
    "Colorado?" I asked him. "Why there?"
    "Your parents wanted you guys to stay with a friend over there if anything happened."
    "Why can't we stay with you?" My voice cracked, with tears coming out. I don't want to go. New York is where I'm supposed to be at, not Colorado.
    "I don't know sweetie," He gave us one last hug. "It's best if you guys go home right now to start packing."
    "Okay," I don't want to pack. I don't even want to go.

[The Next Morning]

    We finished packing now we're just waiting for Uncle Richard to come by and pick us up to take us. I look in the pantry and grab some froot loops. After I eat, I put all my stuff by the door to be prepared. Jackie did the same.
    The door opened, it was Uncle Richard. "Are you girls ready to go?" He looked at us.
    "Yeah we are," I grabbed my things and started taking it. Uncle Richard was helping us take our things.
    We got to the airport and took down all our things. We are about to go to our gate.
    "Call me when you girls get there, okay?" He gave us a hug. "I want to know you girls get there safely."
    "We will," I smiled. "We're going to miss you, Uncle Richard."
    "I'm going to miss you girls too," He kissed both of our foreheads. "I'll make sure to visit, now go before you guys miss your flights!"
    "Okay!!" We grabbed our things and start walking. I turn back one last time "Bye! I miss you already!"