36.

Vivek was sipping his coffee in the cafetaria.Vishal stormed towards him."What do you think of yourself?",he shouted.

"Hey what?",asked Vivek
"What did you say Raghav?",asked Vishal.

"I told him what people think of him",said Vivek softly.
"What the hell!You know him for 5 years.Don't you know about him?",asked Vishal

"Vishal I did what is good for him.He needs to know that he is wrong.",said Vivek.

"So you took 5 years to tell him that he was wrong is it? or is it because you are jealous of him?",he asked.

"What do you mean?",asked Vivek.
"You are jealous that he is able to become close with all the girls",he said.
"Or to be specific with Jasmine,I must say",he added.

"Vishal don't bring a girl into this matter.She has nothing to do with it.It was high time he knew about his mistakes so I told him",said Vivek.

"Why didn't you tell him when he had a crush on Shruthi?",asked Vishal.
Vivek fell silent.
"You did not advice him at that time because Shruthi was not your interest.It is Jasmine you are interested in",he said.

"Yes,I am interested in Jasmine.I did not want him to spoil her name so I told him.Why are you so bothered?",shouted Vivek.

"Wow!too good.If you like a girl who is Raghav's friend, tell him honestly that you feel jealous of him when he talks to her.Don't accuse him of spoiling girls names.He is not a womanizer.You know it well.Don't hurt him for your selfishness",he blurted.

"You never know about girls.You kick your friend for that girl.She will kick you for another guy.After all girls are selfish idiots who go behind rich and smart men and for Jasmine,she will ditch you if a rich guy gets her dinner for a day",he said and chuckled.

Vivek clenched his fist and hit the table hard."You say another word about Jasmine or girls in general my fist will break your nose",he warned.

Vishal tried to say something bad again and Vivek punched his nose.Vishal fell down holding his nose.All the people in the cafetaria looked at them in shock.Vishwa who happened to enter the cafetaria found the crowd near the table.
He went near the table and was shocked to see Vishal hurt.
"What is this Vivek.What happened da?",asked Vishwa.

Vivek pushed Vishwa and moved out of the crowd and was gone.Vishwa helped Vishal to sit down.He gave him some water and took him slowly to the first aid room.

Vivek was fuming with anger.It took him some time to calm down.He drank some water when some one knocked at his door.
"Come in",he said.
Jasmine entered.She wore a simple green salwar and she looked great.Her hair was neatly tied in a pony tail.She smiled at him brightly and he was lost in her smile.

"Sathish said you would be training me from today",she said.

"Yes.You have to look after my team when I am gone to Germany.If you perform well,I will ask Sathish to put you permanently in my team",he said grinning.

She looked at him and smiled.
He briefly explained about his project.She was very attentive and picked up instantly.Since it was the first day he did not want to fill her with too much details.
"That is all for today.You can carry on with your work after lunch",he said.

She got up to leave.She suddenly asked him"Can I ask you something?"
"Sure",he said.
"Why did you hit Vishal in the cafetaria?",she asked.

"We had an argument",he said.

"Ok",she said and he sighed in relief.He was happy she did not ask him more details.
She went near the door and before opening it she turned to look at him."I overheard your argument.I was there when you both fought",she said.

Vivek swallowed a lump in his throat.How did he not notice her around him.Did she hear when he said,he was interested in her or did she come after that.He was in a train of thoughts.

"Thank you",she said and smiled at him.

"For what",he asked nervously.

"For trusting me.For not believing that I will run behind rich and smart men.For defending girls in general",she said.

"That is ok",he said.
Their gazes met for a while.She then opened the door and went out.